Today we have a new After Effects script to help you work with shots on a large VFX project like a Commercial or a music video that has many edits. One of the nice things about doing VFX inside of AE is seeing your shots in sequence to make sure they flow together, but it can get tricky if you start adding hundreds of layers into a single composition as we all know.
A more organized solution is to Pre-Compose each shot into individual compositions and do the work inside. The Trim Compose Script helps make that job fast and easy but wait there’s more. The script automatically takes selected layers and then pre-composes each one into time accurate pre-comps, based on the length of each edit.
- Create edit accurate pre-comps based on final cut
- Keeps projects organized and VFX inside individual comps
- Create proxies for specific range based on the edit
- Batch process shots to work with multiple artists
- Adds frame handles automatically
This probably doesn’t make any sense, check out the video for a full demonstration.