The Bullet - Shell Casing Render

Questions about Video Copilot products

The Bullet - Shell Casing Render

Postby Fontee on 08/6/2008, 9:13 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm rendering out of Cinema4D for "The Bullet". The problem is, the tutorial says 'set for TIFF' files. When I render out I'm getting 80 separate files instead of one file which I see Andrew grabbing from the Project Window. Not sure how to render out in TIFF so I get the one file to drag and drop...

Much Thanks!,

Matt
Fontee

Re: The Bullet - Shell Casing Render

Postby Psycho-Designs on 08/6/2008, 10:09 pm

till someone who know what they are talking about replys.. I'll try to help..

I think its normal to have multiple tiff files.. each tif should be a render of a frame.. in AE import one of the files and make sure the check box that says something like "import as sequence" or "import as footage" is check [usually on by default in AE 7 and later] then you'd end up with 1 footage file in your project palette..

if you are dragging and dropping a tiff file from the explorer to AE.. I don't think it'd work..
Portfolio: Psycho-Designs.com
Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/PsychoDesigns
Vimeo Channel: www.vimeo.com/psychodesigns
Psycho-Designs

Postby Fontee on 08/7/2008, 12:20 pm

I've tried that and selecting all 81 files but the "import as sequence" won't show up either way, or allow me to use that function. Do you guys (moderators) know any solutions? I'm using AECS3 by the way. Can't take any step further in designing this scene until I can get the shell casing in... Thanks ahead of time!
Fontee

Postby Fontee on 08/7/2008, 12:40 pm

Never mind guys I figured it out... :)
Fontee

Postby Fabian on 08/7/2008, 12:44 pm

Sorry saw that a little late,
if anyone else comes across this problem. select the first tif file in after effects and then check import as tiff sequence.

Fabian
Fabian
VC Moderator
VC Moderator

Twitter: speedbreaker

Return to VC Product Support