Evolution - Twister Preset Quirkiness

Questions about Video Copilot products

Evolution - Twister Preset Quirkiness

Postby wtf.cakes on 08/4/2008, 3:30 pm

This is a strange one. The twister preset works perfectly at my work. I recently got a new home machine and installed AE. When I try and use the twister preset at home it works when looking at a single frame. However, when I render the affects from the Spin Null layer are lost. The copies of the layer simply revert to being duplicates, behind one another. Sometimes they will appear to be red. Even stranger, about 1 in 15 frames will render properly - respecting the Twister Preset.

I highly doubt this is any sort of problem with the preset itself. I'm guessing it's some sort of render setting. Both machines are running AE CS3 with the 8.0.2 patch. The only difference is that the machine where the preset doesn't work during render is running a 64bit OS (XP x64 SP2), but I doubt that's anything to do with it either. So far I haven't noticed any other render quirks on the problem machine, but I only installed AE a few days ago on it.

Has anybody seen this problem with this preset or with anything else? Much thanks.
wtf.cakes

Re: Evolution - Twister Preset Quirkiness

Postby wtf.cakes on 08/4/2008, 3:49 pm

A little more information: Only OpenGL-Always On Fast Preview setting works for rendering the preset properly on the problem machine, where as all modes work for the other machine. This leads me to further expect a rogue rendering or video card setting. The card is an Nvidia 8800 GT.
wtf.cakes

Return to VC Product Support