Support for new VCP Product: "Forum"

Questions about Video Copilot products

Support for new VCP Product: "Forum"

Postby Lucas on 08/1/2008, 6:05 pm

Hi Andrew, hi VCP, hi everyone!

I' think it's really, really nice having our own forum (in fact, some other maniac and I planned to make one ourselves...) for bringing VCP to world domination - but after years using the Internet and community-based Forums, I miss some forum like "Off Topic", for talking about some other stuff; or just chatting with other great guys and girls... stuff like Andrews sexappeal or the new great movie in theaters.
And what about a Forum for "Critics" and stuff?

I would appriciate that, maybe some others too?

I hate to aks for something like that after getting this great new update, but I would hate myself if I didn't asked.

Regards,
Lucas
Lucas

Re: Support for new VCP Product: "Forum"

Postby JonasPriest on 08/1/2008, 6:08 pm

I agree with Lucas. Thank you so much for this update Andrew!! It's so awesome!
Andrew K for president!!
If want to know something just google. (Or ask Andrew)
JonasPriest

Postby Andrew Kramer on 08/1/2008, 6:23 pm

Thanks for the feedback, we considered it.

Ultimately, we don't want to be a "social" site... I think building relationships with the private chatting and friendly comments can be very powerful. We also have a showcase for getting advice and tips too. Bottom line, we want this to be a forum for people serious about fx and having a "funny videos" forum for example would be disruptive, especially since this is a family friendly forum, it can be easily get way off-topic.

The professional atmosphere will make us all strive to reach the next level.
Andrew Kramer
VC Awesome Guy
VC Awesome Guy

Postby Lucas on 08/1/2008, 6:31 pm

Hi Andrew,

I thought of something like that and I respect this decision.
But if I think of: one forum with OT keeps it from some other, serious topics. If we all get best friends, we would more appriciate helping each other and stuff - "if you have no rest-room to talk, you have to do it while work" ;)

Anyway, it would be a great place to talk about stuff like Universitys, it's definitively a "next step" thinking about studying digital film and stuff.
I think we could get real buddies - I never would like to have any social-site with nothing else, it's just to do conversation, having fun, get buddys.

I think some posts like this will neither make me a martyr, nor your favorite gust here, but I think some of us would like it. It's only the try to make constructive critic, nothing like getting the whole arm :)

Regards,
Lucas

p.s.:
Sorry if my english isn't that good, I'm not a native speaker, I'm a silly European :D
there's a hole in the world like a great, black pit
and the vermin of the world are inhabit it
Lucas

Postby Andrew Kramer on 08/1/2008, 6:46 pm

I absolutely appreciate your perspective and perhaps there is some middle ground to find. We are progressive, right now, we are building a foundation certainly more will follow.
Andrew Kramer
VC Awesome Guy
VC Awesome Guy

Postby Strandli on 08/1/2008, 6:55 pm

I don't know if this is a good place to ask for some changes, but I'll try... living on the edge...

1: I would like a forum category for general critique. Maybe I'm wrong, but how I see it, the Showcase section is just for video, and post-production is just for questions.

What I would like is a place where you could post stills, just imagery, 3D art or what you should call it. I know it is now video, which VC focuses on, but I think stills is a very important step in the learning process, especially when you mainly work on 3D.

2: I also would like an option to go straight to the posted post, after posting a post, and not need to go through the "go to main, or watch recently posted post" meny. But that's just me, when the internet is getting laggy, its great to skip that step.

That's all the "complaints" or suggestions I have on my mind now, may be thrown away to the trash bin, or what not, but had to get it out there.
Strandli

Postby Lucas on 08/1/2008, 6:57 pm

If you say that you think about, or that there's more to come - I have more than I've been expecting. That rather nice :) thanks for that.

Now I can get to sleep, it's 4am down here - just waited to see the new site and to post this stuff. See you tomorrow :D

Regards,
Lucas

@Standli
Maybe some place to tell Andrew: "hey, some grain in the backgroundd would be nice, too" for his tutorials would be nice, too ;)
there's a hole in the world like a great, black pit
and the vermin of the world are inhabit it
Lucas

Postby galvanisedoil on 08/1/2008, 8:45 pm

I'll agree with Strandli on the Showcase Section. Seems to be more about posting finished work. Would be cool if there was a seperate Work in Progress section where people could post videos/animations/stills that they are currently working on. This could be a cool place for people to post with the intent of getting constructive critisism as apposed to people critiqing on work that is already finished.
Just suggestions though, great work on the new site and this forum is going to be an awesome place for everyone to learn :lol:
galvanisedoil

Postby narenn on 08/1/2008, 9:58 pm

Remember guys, the forum is not even 24 hours old. Like Andrew say, the foundation is still being setup
narenn
VC Moderator
VC Moderator

Twitter: http://twitter.com/narennaidoo

Postby AllenEllis on 08/1/2008, 11:12 pm

highdefw wrote:Remember guys, the forum is not even 24 hours old. Like Andrew say, the foundation is still being setup

Agreed. Heck, it's just barely 8 hours old ;).

Let's live with it for a while and get a sense for whether or not we still think we need the extra forums. Personally I'm glad that it's as extensive as it is. :)
"Holding the toilet paper in the opposite hand is not only harder but more dangerous, so if you're going to come at a project from a different angle, choose wisely or things could get sticky." -- Glacier
AllenEllis

Postby Comwan on 08/2/2008, 7:09 am

Hurray for the new forum and a thank you to all of the VCP crew!
This is what the next logical step was, I have long awaited this forum.

So, let's make the best of it, shall we? :)

/C
Comwan

Postby Andrew Kramer on 08/2/2008, 9:12 am

A new work in progress forum, as well a website forum. I'm closing this for now and you guys can discuss the website there. Thanks.
Andrew Kramer
VC Awesome Guy
VC Awesome Guy

Return to VC Product Support