Licensing

Questions about Video Copilot products

Licensing

Postby Taiyouinc on 08/17/2016, 10:13 pm

Hello all,
This maybe a silly question, but I tried looking for the answer myself on this forum, website and various other sites, and couldn't find a clear answer.

I make video's for work as well as personally in my free time. Nothing major, but some are monetized on YouTube, and I have done some small video stuff for friends in the past.
I'm contemplating getting Element 3D since it seems like a very cool plugin that can really easily add some cool effects to a vid. However, I tried reading the Licensing Agreement, and the legalese just kinda went over my head.
My questions:

- Can I monetise/sell video's that I make that contain scenes that were made with E3D (I'm assuming yes)?
- Can I monetise/sell video's that I make that contain 3D assets that I bought from VC (for example, Jetstrike models, Cityscape models, or even Action Essentials (not 3D, I know))?

I'm assuming the answer to both questions is yes, but like I said, I couldn't get a 100% straight answer from the legalese.

And a slightly different, but related, question:

- How long is a license? Is it a lifetime license? Or only for a set amount of time?

I assume it's lifetime (for the version you're buying at least)?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Pyke
Taiyouinc

System Specs: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz
RAM: 8GB
Windows 10, 64-bit

Re: Licensing

Postby Dustin Hudson on 08/18/2016, 9:22 am

Here's our license agreement just for reference:

http://www.videocopilot.net/assets/publ ... eement.pdf

Check out Section 3. ADDITIONAL LICENSE RESTRICTIONS there.

Basically we just don't allow templates to be re-sold with our products flattened into images. But if you are just monetizing a video using the products in the video, that should be perfectly fine! (Section 2)

- How long is a license? Is it a lifetime license? Or only for a set amount of time?

We don't have any time limit on our license. Though if something happened to your license and you can't register at some point you can contact us and we will help out to get that resolved.
Dustin Hudson
VC Administrator
VC Administrator

Twitter: Dustinhud

Return to VC Product Support