Using Sure Target

Questions about Video Copilot products

Using Sure Target

Postby kirkeric on 03/12/2016, 6:01 pm

Hello,

I realize this is a bit of an older plugin that precedes E3D but does anyone know if it works with E3D? Since it is layer based and E3D is essentially one layer, I don't see how I can possible be able to select items within an E3D scene and use Sure Target 2.

Just curious what anyone may know about this.

Thanks,
Eric
kirkeric

Re: Using Sure Target

Postby Duncan on 03/14/2016, 6:45 am

If you are using Group Nulls as your controls, set the nulls as your targets.

Otherwise, in the E3D plugin, under Utilities, there is the Generate 3D Position utility. Generate your nulls on the objects you want to be targets, and then set those nulls as your targets. You can also place nulls manually, if you wish, and then set those as your targets.
Duncan

Postby kirkeric on 03/14/2016, 6:58 am

Duncan,

Thanks. I've figured out a little bit since posting this and appreciate the additional detail. With the 5 group layer restriction, I'd have some problems with objects within groups unfortunately but the manually placed nulls should work. I imagine it would take some tweaking to place those in the right spots but I think I understand. I've got like 100 plus objects in this scene and have about 10 or so that I want to "target" through with the camera moves.

Right now I am using a group null for the entire E3D object and using that one null alone, I've been manually moving around but that has become very painful to do and the moves always add weird little wavers and bounces, etc.

Eric

Duncan wrote:If you are using Group Nulls as your controls, set the nulls as your targets.

Otherwise, in the E3D plugin, under Utilities, there is the Generate 3D Position utility. Generate your nulls on the objects you want to be targets, and then set those nulls as your targets. You can also place nulls manually, if you wish, and then set those as your targets.
kirkeric

Postby Duncan on 03/14/2016, 2:42 pm

The Generate 3D Position utility should be able to help get you started with placing your nulls. If you need to, you should be able to use a camera or a Custom View to navigate around the scene to generate your 3D coordinates.
Duncan

Return to VC Product Support