New user installation questions

Questions about Video Copilot products

New user installation questions

Postby alexojedav on 02/12/2015, 12:44 pm

Hi,

Im new to Video Copilot. I installed the studio suite yesterday. I looked around for tutorials or docs on the following but couldn't find an answer.

Questions are mostly regarding the additional downloads on some of the packages: for example,

1. Jet_Strike_PSD's, where should they go? What are those typically used for?

2. The Backlight - HDR_8K and 4K environments. I placed them in the materials folder of Video Copilot, but can't see the previews in Elemnt 3D. Is this normal?

3. The metropolitan skies, I couldn't see them in E3D, until I moved them to the Environment folder. Is this ok? Normal? Are this used inside E3D or in AE?

4. Sames question as above with Jet_Strike_resources, I placed them in the Environment folder. Is this their place?

5. I placed the 360_Sky_Maps inside the Models folder. Is this ok?

6. Inside E3D I can see the same elements in the |"Lightmaps" single Lights" category than in the Backlight "single light" folder. Is this normal? Something wrong?

Many thanks! Best,

Alex
alexojedav

Re: New user installation questions

Postby Dustin Hudson on 02/12/2015, 1:30 pm

1. Additional files are kind of there to do whatever you want with. The PSD's have the wireframe layer so you can get an idea of how the texture wraps if you want to add additional details to the maps and save out different versions.

2. 3. 5. For environment maps to show up in the Material Browser you have to put them in the VideoCopilot/Materials/Environment folder.

4. The resources are more for just compositing and backgrounds, up to you where you want to put them!

6. Not sure exactly what you mean, but you can always the installer again to make sure something didn't get deleted or shuffled around. Feel free to post a screen shot of the issue if it persists.

Let us know if you have any other questions or concern, thanks!
Dustin Hudson
VC Administrator
VC Administrator

Twitter: Dustinhud

Re: New user installation questions

Postby alexojedav on 02/12/2015, 4:16 pm

Hi, Dustin,

That'll do it. Thanks so much for your response.

Cheers!
alexojedav

Return to VC Product Support