Transfer of finish product back to Ae from Elements

Questions about Video Copilot products

Transfer of finish product back to Ae from Elements

Postby kuroshio on 01/18/2015, 7:37 pm

Hi,
I am a newbie and ask a question with trepidation about imposing on the time of the experts. As part of my learning experience I download the tutorial on the Lionsgate logo. I followed all the instruction an produced text that I wanted to use with the help of VC elements. In the tutorial, when the changes are made you click OK and the modified text appears back in AE. Unfortunately, this did not happen. After I clicked OK, AE appeared again with the original (unmodified by Elements). Clicking Scene Setup brings up the modified text. In the tutorial, the modified text immediately appears in AE. What did I do wrong? Thanks in advance to anyone who might have the time to help.
kuroshio

Re: Transfer of finish product back to Ae from Elements

Postby JPT7505 on 01/19/2015, 11:59 am

try a RAM preview see if it fixes it. Also verify latest version of Element and best case, post your file.
JPT7505

System Specs: CPU: Intel i7-7820X CPU @ 3.60GHz
RAM: 128gb

GPU: Quadro M6000
GPU RAM: 12288MB

Postby kuroshio on 01/19/2015, 12:21 pm

Hi JPT7505,
Thanks for providing help. I did a RAM preview and it did not help. Also, I am running version, 2.0.7 of Elements 3D. I saved a copy of the file and it is attached.

Thanks in advance for any help you or others can provide.
Attachments
e-cottage logo from video copy (CC (12)).aep
file saved from Ae.
(1.5 MiB) Downloaded 249 times
kuroshio

Postby kuroshio on 01/19/2015, 1:27 pm

Hi,
I figured out what I was doing incorrectly. Through trail and error I had added eight layers in the Elements panel. The first element was the one I worked on and the next seven had be add by accident. Once the bottom seven element layers were deleted, the top element appeared in AE as it was support to. I realized now that the top layer in the timeline always appears, but the top layer in the element does not necessary appear. I think they call this a "teaching moment" for a newbie --- actually more like a teaching day. Thank for you help
kuroshio

Return to VC Product Support