Optical Flares Nuke Textures directory

Questions about Video Copilot products

Optical Flares Nuke Textures directory

Postby dadrian on 10/22/2014, 1:28 am

Hi guys,

I seem to have a problem with my lens textures, they won't load.
I've set OPTICAL_FLARES_PRESET_PATH to D:\OF and the presets load just fine. The textures however (D:\OF\Opitcal Flares Textures) don't load and cannot be used in OF. IS there something wrong with me, do I forget something important? >-||
My coworkers don't have this problem and I cannot figure out what is different with my install. Help is much appreciated.
dadrian

Re: Optical Flares Nuke Textures directory

Postby MotionGraphics ab on 10/22/2014, 1:52 am

You may have mistyped into the forum post, but if you copy and pasted that directory name, you have misspelled "Opitcal Flares Textures" i.e. Optical.

If that isn't the issue, it is always wise to simply use default locations when installing programs and move from there to test. Default location is C:\Program Files\Adobe\YOURADOBE VERSION\Support Files\Plug-ins\Optical Flares\Optical Flares Textures so copy that directory to that location to test the theory.
Last edited by MotionGraphics ab on 10/22/2014, 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
MotionGraphics ab

Twitter: https://twitter.com/mo_graph

Re: Optical Flares Nuke Textures directory

Postby dadrian on 10/22/2014, 1:57 am

Thank you for mentioning the typo. Sadly that is not the problem.
I had the textures at the default location and moved it to another directory because it did not work...
But you mentioning the Adobe path reminded me of something: I have Optical flares installed for After Effects and for Nuke. Maybe those two versions conflict? Are there any known issues with parallel installations of OF for AE and Nuke?
dadrian

Return to VC Product Support