MotionPulse - Premiere CS5 Problems

Questions about Video Copilot products

MotionPulse - Premiere CS5 Problems

Postby Dankmar on 08/18/2014, 8:08 pm

Hi there guys.

This is my problem. Started editing some sound effects on the Premiere pro for a video I'm making. I know. You may say "why the hell". But some times is easier and quicker just to ad some Audio FX and directly render. Well... the problem is this:

When you drop an audio to Premiere's library, it conforms it and you can use it directly on the timeline. I started adding more and more audios (just bought MotionPulse today). And then it started to happen: New audio, same waveform than other audio and sounded different. I started to go crazy. Didn't know what was happening.

Then I figured out this:

For example, Medical_Scan_1 (Conforms medical scan 1 audio waveform and plays medical scan 1 audio).
Then if you drop Medical_Scan_2 (Nothing happens, it takes automatically the conform and audio from medical scan 1).

Just figured out that both files were the exact length and size. And even when they have different names, it doesn't recognize the second...

Help?
Dankmar

Re: MotionPulse - Premiere CS5 Problems

Postby al board on 08/20/2014, 11:56 am

Sounds (ha-ha) more like an issue with Premiere. What version is it exactly? 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.0.3? I work with different versions of audio clips quiet often. Since they are basically just different mixes they are usually the exact same length and I have never EVER experienced any problems with that.
al board

Re: MotionPulse - Premiere CS5 Problems

Postby Dankmar on 08/20/2014, 7:15 pm

Just figured it out and it is the answer and it is also (ha ha) Premieres fault obviously. The problem is that a different file but same mix (as you mention) has exactly the same length. Ridiculously, even when the file has different name and different info, it immediately takes the first file but with the name of the second. BIZARRE!!

Solved it adding .01 seconds to the file that I need and the it reads it perfectly.

NO COMMENTS!!
LOL
Dankmar

Return to VC Product Support