Custom Texture Maps Problem while moving the camera

Everything Element 3D belongs here

Custom Texture Maps Problem while moving the camera

Postby cobalente on 07/16/2012, 8:32 pm

There seems to be a problem with Textures loaded using the 'Custom Texture Maps' tab ...

If you move your camera away from the object the textures get darker until totally dark. It doesn't matter if you have ambient 100%.

This does not happen with textures loaded inside of the Scene Setup window.

Is this the normal behaviour? I need to use some animated maps.

Here is a video showing the problem:

http://ompldr.org/vZXJvcA/custom_layers_problem.mp4
cobalente

Re: Custom Texture Maps Problem while moving the camera

Postby RynoIan on 07/23/2012, 9:38 am

I've run into the same problem. In your scene it looks like the geometry is going out of the default lighted area. It seems like a bug imo.
RynoIan

Postby cobalente on 07/24/2012, 12:01 am

Yeah, whatever it is, no one from the videocopilot team has responded... I'm still unable to use custom maps for texturing objects since day one of the plugin launch.
cobalente

Postby klaus brandenburg on 07/24/2012, 4:46 am

just watched your clip. what's the source of texture before you change it to layer? My layer texturing works fine and doesn't show those symptoms. Checked if fog or camera cut off could be the reason?
too many clowns - not enough circuses
klaus brandenburg

Postby cobalente on 07/24/2012, 9:28 am

Yeah,

The problem is with custom layers, I first showed a texture loaded directly from the scene setup window. It has nothing to do with fog, or lights, you can see the texture 'disappear' when moved back.

As far as I'm concerned this is a bug of some sort with certain type of GPU's. I've seen the tuts and this doesn't happened using Andrew's nVidia card, but it happens on mine.

Also tried several drivers, different AE versions, etc... nothing works. It's a bug.
cobalente

Return to Element 3D