Purchased Element - No Download Instructions

Everything Element 3D belongs here

Purchased Element - No Download Instructions

Postby Edge888 on 07/10/2012, 10:09 pm

Hi there,

I have just purchased the Element 3D design Bundle via paypal, and have received no link or information on how to receive the product - just a receipt.

If I try to use forgotten password, it says error and will not send me a new password, so there's no way of logging in.

Your contact us support page is also a "404 Not Found Page".

Order Number:

yhst-99063568031385-115671

Very disappointing experience overall.
Edge888

Re: Purchased Element - No Download Instructions

Postby bjsmith1109 on 07/11/2012, 12:17 am

Having exact same issue. Very frustrating. I understand it's the first day, but a response email at least to my support@ message would be appreciated. I paid my $250 and now Im hanging in the wind. Had no idea this would be the case.
bjsmith1109

Postby banIDit on 07/11/2012, 12:50 am

The same problem!
Guys, do something)
My Order Number: yhst-99063568031385-115664
banIDit

Twitter: MikeUdin

Postby lvke on 07/11/2012, 12:57 am

Hey Edge,

I also purchased the Element 3D design bundle via paypal, and also have not recieved information on how to download the product. I encounter the problem with the password retriever as well but i'm not clear on whether this log in is tethered to the download.videocopilot log in.
I made the purchase about 7 hours ago and sent an email to support about 6 hours ago asking about how to proceed. So far I've only recieved the initial order confirmation from VCP, and a notice of having authorised a payment from PayPal.

I'd say it'd be a good idea to send an email to support@videocopilot.net. I encountered the same dead link you've mentioned here but just went through the contact section of the web site.

My guess is that by choosing to complete the transaction with PayPal we might have to wait until VCP processes this (and i dare say they've been extremely busy in the last 48 hours). Looking at the transaction id on paypal, it is listed as 'Pending'. I have a friend who made his purchase without using PayPal around the same time and got access to his product straight away.
Personally, I've sent my email to support to try and get clarification on where the transaction is at, am trusting that the communication problems are probably due to the time difference (Australia here) and that i'll most likely have download links / a completed purchase come tomorrow morning.

If I'm right in assuming this scenario, perhaps there needs to be some kind of fore-warning about the difference of paying with PayPal or some other information to help clarify this situation a little more.

I have every confidence in VCP for their professionalism (i've had no issues with any of my several previous purchases) and for the quality of their products. This particular transaction has been a little unclear though. I hope that once this gets cleared up your dissapointment will be outweighed by all of the great new things Element will help you create :).
lvke

Postby Gratters on 07/11/2012, 1:39 am

I have just done the same - PayPal registers it as transacted but nothing appears in VC Download page with my previous purchases.

Maybe high demand has slowed things down.
Gratters

Postby Lucastor on 07/11/2012, 2:08 am

Same happened here, I'm also trying to register at the Videocopilot website to have access at the "download section" where apparently you get the link, but I cannot find a "register button at all"..
That's a bit strange :ugeek:
Lucastor

Postby tbeers815 on 07/11/2012, 6:30 am

I recieved an email receipt after my purchase with the same order number as the one edge888 listed. I also did not get an email with download instructions.
tbeers815

Postby Edge888 on 07/11/2012, 9:03 am

Yeh emailed support just after purchasing(about 10 hours ago).

Still no luck with a response.

Figured there would be others in the same boat.

Real shame that such a big release seems to have been handled so poorly. There was no mention of there being a delay when paying via PayPal that's for sure.

Guess the real release date for PayPal buyers will be tomorrow! That's if the problem gets resolved....
Edge888

Postby personalfx on 07/11/2012, 9:18 am

I am having the same issue but I paid with a Visa, so I don't think it's only the paypal customers, yikes =/
personalfx

Postby Gratters on 07/11/2012, 9:24 am

Hey guys

I posted here after shooting off an email to customer support.

I got a response after about ½ hour with a download link so its all good.

Thanks
Gratters

Postby diegocorbino on 07/11/2012, 9:58 am

Same issue here (I pay it with Paypal) and I wrote to customer support, but in my case no download link yet :(
it´s really frustrating, I have a deadline that could benefit from Element 3D and Im checking my email like a girl who is waiting for ¨that guy that was supposed to call back¨ :lol:

I hope I get the download intructions really soon!

(excuse me... my english is still in beta version)
diegocorbino

Postby personalfx on 07/11/2012, 10:44 am

I emailed support and got a link within the hour, I think they will get around to everyone soon! ;)
personalfx

Postby Edge888 on 07/11/2012, 3:26 pm

Wow I guess nobody actually works here at the support forum?

I actually thought I'd get some help lol.

Still no response to my email to customer support.

But I'm glad to see they are answering emails completely out of order in a random fashion.

I'd advise people not to purchase Element at least until these problems subside. Nothing worse than paying $250 for nothing.
Edge888

Postby Dan on 07/11/2012, 3:48 pm

Edge888 wrote:Wow I guess nobody actually works here at the support forum?

I actually thought I'd get some help lol.

Still no response to my email to customer support.

But I'm glad to see they are answering emails completely out of order in a random fashion.

I'd advise people not to purchase Element at least until these problems subside. Nothing worse than paying $250 for nothing.

Sorry you have experienced issues. Please understand that there are many emails everyday. Im sure the team will look into it shortly.

Dan
AKA Triphazard
If you ever need help with anything having to do with Macs, don't ask me... Hi, i'm Dan, and i'm a PC
Dan
VC Moderator
VC Moderator

Postby Dan on 07/11/2012, 3:54 pm

Just to check...

Have you all logged into the front page? Your downloads are there.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG
AKA Triphazard
If you ever need help with anything having to do with Macs, don't ask me... Hi, i'm Dan, and i'm a PC
Dan
VC Moderator
VC Moderator

Postby lvke on 07/11/2012, 6:05 pm

Anyone still having problems:

The password retrieval for the log in seems to work now, and although i haven't recieved any further emails, retrieving the password and logging in gives me all of my download links.
lvke

Return to Element 3D