Element 3D

Everything Element 3D belongs here

Element 3D

Postby Dale on 07/6/2012, 3:58 am

I know Element 3D can input 3D .obj files created in a 3D modeling program. Can it also input "homemade" textures? Can the position and movement of models be controlled in AE using the Camera Tracker (Foundry) or the CS6 camera tracker? Thanks
Dale

Re: Element 3D

Postby Dan Hildebrand on 07/6/2012, 6:13 am

You can use costume textures and shaders in Element.

It is also compatible with Camera Tracker, but that does not control the position of the actual models, but rather the position of the camera in 3d space, which can move around the 3d objects.
Q: Why did the layer cross the composition?
A: To get to the keyframe on the other side!!!
Dan Hildebrand

System Specs: OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 6.1.7601

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz
RAM: 32707MB

GPU Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GPU: GTX 980

Postby Colorgrade on 07/7/2012, 5:42 pm

Well that answers that question.

Rather than having a question, I have a suggestion. (What? Before it's released?!)
Suggestions really relate to possible VC Products that I'd like to see released with the plugin later on.

1) Landscape Elements. - Vue and World Builder are fantastic but horrid for render times, and I want to make some mountains. You know, play god. Maybe some trees, flowers, and all that girly stuff.
2) Buildings. - Make cities easier. Recreate the Dark Knight logo title? Inception much? Flyover shots - and a whole new spin on VC's ledge jump tutorial.
3) Crowds. - While obviously it would be impractical (Unless the Animation Engine offers a solution) to have remotely medium or close up people put into particle-based crowds, it would likely come in handy for wide/stadium/army type scenes. Just thinking about how much I hate greenscreen extra replication. I'd rather make particles out'of'um. I'd pay money, but not the kind of money for the studio software
4) Action Essentials 3D? Rotate camera around a frozen explosion? Why not. Sort of like the "Clowns and Cops" spot for Panasonic's Cinema-scope TV.
5) Birds? Atmospheric elements that are typically overlooked which, many desire but just can't figure out how to do without putting on a hunter's hat and a pair of binoculars.

Things like that, or others unlisted which, could potentially open many doors for the average craftsman who doesn't have the time to learn it all or the money to hire the advanced post-house - but wants to add in the elements they typically don't have access to. If you read this, post up your ideas, too.

Motion design elements are cool - but what about an Osprey? Some kid's "gonna wanna make transformers" for YouTube... or something.
Colorgrade

Postby Colorgrade on 07/10/2012, 5:05 pm

I just purchased the plugin and installed. Set up a new comp, made a background layer, then made a new solid and applied Element. Went into scene setup, chose an object, set a shader, hit ok... it appears in the comp, no problem. However, I had my quality set to half - once I set it to full, the model disappeared. It comes back and works properly when I set it to Half or below - did I miss something here?

Nevermind, figured out the problem. Does anyone know how to update this or solve? Couldn't find anything on the AMD website.

Fast Draft: Available
Texture Memory: 200.00 MB
Ray-tracing: CPU
(GPU not available - incompatible device or CUDA driver)
OpenGL
Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Device: ATI Radeon HD 4670 OpenGL Engine
Version: 2.1 ATI-7.18.18
Total Memory: 256.00 MB
Shader Model: -
CUDA
Driver Version: -
Devices: -
Current Usable Memory: -
Maximum Usable Memory: -
Last edited by Colorgrade on 07/10/2012, 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colorgrade

Postby Shane_SS on 07/10/2012, 5:26 pm

Hi I just installed 3D element combo pack on my MAC PRO, AE CS5. When I launched the Plug in in AE, it reads "After Effects error: Couldn't find main entry point for Element.plugin"

Please help!

Thanks,

Shane
Shane_SS

Postby Shane_SS on 07/10/2012, 6:47 pm

I just checked, Is it true that you need to have a minimum of OSX 10.6 on MAC to run Element 3D? I have 10.5.8 on both my MAC Pro, and Mac Book Pro.

Anyone?

Thanks,

Shane
Shane_SS

Postby Marc Biorklund on 07/11/2012, 12:33 pm

Shane,

Shane_SS wrote:I just checked, Is it true that you need to have a minimum of OSX 10.6 on MAC to run Element 3D? I have 10.5.8 on both my MAC Pro, and Mac Book Pro.

Yes, I confirm, you need at least OSX 10.6.

Cheers,

Marc.
Marc Biorklund
VC Server Guy
VC Server Guy

Return to Element 3D