Odd results using OBJ Sequences as a replicator

Everything Element 3D belongs here

Odd results using OBJ Sequences as a replicator

Postby kamui0101 on 07/28/2019, 2:55 pm

Hello! I've been running into an issue that's halted production on a project, and I was hoping to get some input from you guys about it.

I recently ran experiment that used an OBJ sequence as the replicator shape for a particle system. We're trying to get element 3D to generate animating particles in more specific, complicated shapes, like expanding/contracting arcs, etc, so an OBJ sequence seemed like the best solution for it. The particles themselves are also an OBJ sequence with a random animation loop, which is causing a specific complication: every new frame of the primary replicator shape results in it spawning a totally new seed of particles, causing the particles to "pop" every frame.

At a glance, it looks like there's no real way to fix this just given the nature of OBJ sequences, but maybe you guys know something I don't! On another note, I've noticed pre-fractured multi-objects also don't seem to function as a replicator either, further complicating setups like this.

I've attached an mp4 of a quick-and-dirty mock-up of the issue I'm running into.

Let me know if you have any thoughts!
Attachments

[ Play Quicktime file ] Weirdness.mp4 [ 3.45 MiB | Viewed 14 times ]

kamui0101

System Specs: Processor: i7-8700
Ram: 64 Gigs
Card: GTX 1080

Return to Element 3D