Pushing layers.

Everything Element 3D belongs here

Pushing layers.

Postby Green_Screener on 06/9/2019, 7:47 pm

Hi.

I have a composition using an Element 3d layer on top of a still image. I've animated the model, a plane, to fly away into the distance represented by the image, (a skyscape).

Strangely, when the plane recedes into the distance, it eventually seems to gradually disappear, to "sink" into the background sky. It's as if the sky image is a curtain and the model pierces the curtain and is then enveloped by it.

I'm thinking that if I push the sky back a ways, this won't happen. The model will just shrink in the distance.

So, can anyone tell me how I push the image layer back in space?

Thank you.
Green_Screener

System Specs: Maverick 10.9.5

Re: Pushing layers.

Postby star+circle on 06/10/2019, 12:25 am

If the still image is a separate layer, Element 3D cannot interact with it, in which case the disappearance is caused probably either by the Element far camera cutoff area (which you can change) or, if you're using fog, you are running into the fog (which you can change the settings for).
star+circle

Postby Green_Screener on 06/10/2019, 2:43 am

star+circle wrote:If the still image is a separate layer, Element 3D cannot interact with it, in which case the disappearance is caused probably either by the Element far camera cutoff area (which you can change) or, if you're using fog, you are running into the fog (which you can change the settings for).

Ahh, thanks, Star! I'm not using a fog, although that would be a good idea for the scene. Now I just have to find the control for Elements far camera area.

I really don't use AE as much as I should... :=~
Green_Screener

Postby Green_Screener on 06/10/2019, 7:54 pm

Well that worked a treat, Star. :)

Once I had done that, I thought I'd experiment for a bit of fun. I moved the camera cutoff closer. Also added a shimmer and now my model mysteriously vanishes in a twinkly plane. :D Many possibilities.
Green_Screener

Return to Element 3D