Can no longer relink files

Everything Element 3D belongs here

Can no longer relink files

Postby mindzipper on 04/4/2019, 4:39 pm

I've never seen this before. been using E3d for years. When I go to work on an older projects, depending on what I've done my models move around to other folders.

previously I'd make sure my search depth was good enough, add a path to search and when hitting 'ok' it relinked them just fine.

Now, even if I point to the exact folder it's in, it won't relink them.

I haven't used AE for a few months, but didn't notice anything poking around.

Is this a new issue, or could someone point me to a resolution?

Thanks!
mindzipper

Re: Can no longer relink files

Postby mindzipper on 04/4/2019, 6:16 pm

FYI i know I can put them in the videoCopilot/models directory but i'd rather not clutter that up
mindzipper

Postby star+circle on 04/5/2019, 10:54 am

This may be a path name length issue. Also check you don't have unusual characters in the path name.
star+circle

Postby mindzipper on 04/5/2019, 11:27 pm

star+circle wrote:This may be a path name length issue. Also check you don't have unusual characters in the path name.

Thanks for the reply. Definitely not a path length or charater issue. I can do this by just moving the models into the default models directory. But I'm trying to avoid this because I don't want to have to move models around every time I open a past project. know what I mean?

It's not a critical issue. But it's something I really enjoyed about the way the 'relink' option worked. Got to figure it out!
mindzipper

Postby star+circle on 04/6/2019, 9:14 am

I have not had any problems in using the Element relink, which is why I suspect it is something else.
star+circle

Postby mindzipper on 04/6/2019, 8:25 pm

star+circle wrote:I have not had any problems in using the Element relink, which is why I suspect it is something else.

I'm thinking you are probably right, I just can't for the life of me figure it out.

They are my projects and worked fine the last time I used them. ugh.

Onward and upward I guess. Can't believe how much I love this add-on though. E3D has been my go to for many years now.
mindzipper

Postby mindzipper on 04/8/2019, 10:32 am

seems like i still have problems. I can't get any comps sent to AME queue and when I try opening them directly it sits waiting for the DLL server and never completes.

blech
mindzipper

Postby star+circle on 04/10/2019, 12:54 am

Another thought occurred.

Have you by any chance updated to AE 2019?

If so, I would try it in CC18 or earlier.

I generally don't upgrade before I've allowed 12 months for the bugs to be ironed out on any new versions.
star+circle

Return to Element 3D