Glitter Material (effect) Element 3D

Compositing and Motion Graphics

Glitter Material (effect) Element 3D

Postby alexivai on 11/16/2018, 3:14 pm

Hello! The first thing I would like to say is that I am not a professional in the field of 3D modeling, but Element 3D is the most ideal product for my work. I have a sharp question on which I can not find the answer anywhere. I downloaded the model "cars" on these models, colorists do samples for the color of cars. The point is that I need to put crystals, glitter under the main color. Whatever light moved, they sparkled. I tried a lot, but could not come to the result. How can you help me? How can i do this?
alexivai

System Specs: Imac pro, MacBook Pro, custom shop PC. 128 gb RAM, 100 TB, i9 Extreme, Nvidia Titan V, 8k monitor, full water cool and more more more.

Re: Glitter Material (effect) Element 3D

Postby ender772 on 12/3/2018, 3:42 pm

I imagine it could be done with a sandy like texure..or make your own by preoducing a bunch of white dots on a black or blank background..then use that texture on a plane..you could use the alpha threshold to make only the dots appear solid. then make them have complicated reflection map.

or you might be able to make just 1 tiny disc shape and use the shape replicatorsr to make thousands of these...might be more render intensive this way
ender772

Postby star+circle on 12/9/2018, 2:51 am

Since Element does not have multilayer textures, you will have to use two separate versions of the car on two separate layers with two different textures and blend the results. The glitter would be achieved through faceted bump map (like crystallize effect in Photoshop) that generates the glitter effects at different angles. The second copy of the car would have a smooth glossy surface for the lacquer layer. You can possibly render a specular pass (if Element has such) for the second layer to just get the smooth highlight to compose over the glittery car in the first layer. Screen transfer mode (for the layer) usually works best for combining them.
star+circle

Postby Meaders on 04/15/2019, 7:11 am

Can you combine more than two layers like that?
Meaders

System Specs: i7 9700k, 2080Ti, 1TB SSD

Return to After Effects