Creating Lined Animated Figures in AE! Urgent

Compositing and Motion Graphics

Creating Lined Animated Figures in AE! Urgent

Postby Sasori Frost on 12/2/2017, 5:38 am

Hey Guys, this ones pretty urgent so I hope you all can help me out. I'm currently working on a project and the client wants an intro with outlined soccer players similar to intro in the link below:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXSBzls ... el=UEFA.tv

I've been trying to emulate this by masking out the motion of the players in the video below however I have been key-framing body parts for days. Time is running out and I need to know if there is an alternative solution!

I tried:
Grabbing MOCAP data to create lines around the figure. - No Success
Auto-tracing the footage. - No Success

The original creators:
After some searching, I was able to identify that WORKS, originally made this animation. Created with Motion Capture, CGI animation and Particle effects.
http://www.worksltd.co.uk/my-product/ue ... t-toolkit/

If you have any information or ideas on achieving this, please let me know as soon as you can :)
Attachments
VC Forum pic 1.JPG
Masking result
VC Forum pic 2.JPG
1 of 3 footage being masked
Sasori Frost

System Specs: OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 6.1.7601

CPU: AMD FX-8370 Eight-Core Processor
RAM: 16340MB

GPU Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GPU: GeForce GTX 960/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver: 21.21.13.7270
GPU RAM: 4096MB
GPU Code: 0

Re: Creating Lined Animated Figures in AE! Urgent

Postby QNag on 12/24/2017, 3:19 am

I don't have a complete solution for you, but I was thinking the field serves as a natural green screen. Perhaps you could isolate the players by simply keying out the field..???
QNag

System Specs: Intel Core i7-4770k CPU @ 3.50GHz
RAM 16 GB
64-bit

Postby JPT7505 on 12/24/2017, 2:42 pm

You may want to look at one of the cartoon effects that could possibly make outlines. Key the field or roto the players then add the cartoon effect.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... OD4xbU2nov
JPT7505

System Specs: CPU: Intel i7-7820X CPU @ 3.60GHz
RAM: 128gb

GPU: Quadro M6000
GPU RAM: 12288MB

Postby boxtree on 12/29/2017, 7:52 pm

Id probably go for a combination of effects. Duplicate the layer and try bringing up the green in the field. The try keying this.
Duplicate it again and try using something like colourama with a grey ramp as the output. Use a combination of these layers to create a luma matte and show your original footage through this- tweak it until you get the result you need. Then roto the remainder.

You could then use this final result as a matte for the original footage, helps preserve the colour an you can further refine the matte with chokers/feather as needed.

If you want to upload the footage somewhere i will have a try on a sample section to show you what I mean.

I dont think there is one simple answer to this other than painstaking roto.
boxtree

Return to After Effects