Looking for an creative person for free :)

Compositing and Motion Graphics

Looking for an creative person for free :)

Postby THD24 on 07/5/2017, 3:01 pm

Hi all!

I have a question for you guys and girls.
I am engaged in a hobby called FPV (first person view) Quad racing.
Whe have got a small community in our area and whe like to shoot footage of our flights and share it with each other and with the FPV comunity on social media. And here is my question...

I am looking for someone who can make a small Intro for our videos. So who is so kind to make one.

In the intro we would like our Crew name: BYOG FPV (Bring Your Own goggles)
http://nl.tinypic.com/r/ank5ud/9

It needs to contain exciting audio but whe would also like the sentence:”Show me what you got” in that audio, it's from the series Rick and Morty: https://youtu.be/LEUGPEVRDmU

And here is a video to get an idea what we like to do with our spare time:)
https://youtu.be/Ft6nPE0_i3o

I hope some one can take a little time to create something...and here is the catch...can you do it for free?

You can contact me on: thijsdeinum@hotmail.com

I will hope to hear from someone.

Greetings Thijs
THD24

System Specs: SPF3 Betaflight

Re: Looking for an creative person for free :)

Postby Guitarboy2828 on 07/7/2017, 12:05 am

I've always wanted a lil drone. Tell you what, I'll make you an intro for free.. If you mail me a drone for free.. Deal?
Guitarboy2828

Postby THD24 on 07/7/2017, 12:58 am

Hahahahahaha, that would be very expensive :)
THD24

Postby Guitarboy2828 on 07/7/2017, 8:27 am

Making an intro would also be very expensive :P
Guitarboy2828

Postby MarCuseus on 07/7/2017, 12:57 pm

Do you also expect people to build you a house for free? :=~
MarCuseus

Postby THD24 on 07/7/2017, 2:05 pm

Okay, I'm just looking for someone who wants to create an intro, not people who are commenting with out of proportion references....so please only react when you would like to help me out.
THD24

Postby THD24 on 07/7/2017, 2:06 pm

Just one intro, wich whe can use every time.....
It's not like I want every video edited :)
THD24

Postby jedimasta on 07/19/2017, 1:36 pm

I'll try to put this as nicely as I can.

What you're asking is for a creative person to dedicate time (and money in the case of anyone who works as a motion graphics freelancer) to create something for an otherwise complete stranger. Those of us with any experience in this industry know all-too-well how often animators, motion graphics designers, and artists in general are not only taken for granted, but taken advantage of. And for the love of all that is holy, please don't throw out "this will look good on your demo reel".

It's an insult to most of us who have put effort into learning these programs and techniques and focusing our creativity when someone tosses up a request like yours as if it's no big deal. For whatever reason, creative professionals are disrespected because they happen to enjoy what they're doing. You wouldn't ask a gardner to mow your lawn or water your flowers for free just because he likes plants. You wouldn't ask a carpenter to build you a table for free because she likes to work with wood. Please do not ask animators to make you an intro for free because they enjoy creating videos.

If you've got a friend that does this kind of stuff, by all means, ask em to do you a solid. They might do it just because they're a buddy and know you would take time out of your day to do them a favor down the road. That's what friends do. But you don't have that kind of rapport with a bunch of artists on a forum you registered on, apparently solely to get someone to do this for you without compensation.
jedimasta

Twitter: themediageeks

Return to After Effects