Help a college boy lol

Discuss techniques and films related to VFX

Help a college boy lol

Postby xtremechris10000 on 10/19/2016, 10:19 am

Hi guys ive always asked myself what do take for my college classes as an editor you see ive been editing since the 7th grade i started out making AMVS (Anime music videos) and us amvers used sony vegas,adobe after effects,pro, and photoshop so im still doing my edits till then but im going to start college soon and im confused. People say when i register for my classes take film production because i do enjoy making some of my amvs look like movie trailer but at the same time idk if im suppose to be in the graphic design section because i really enjoy using adobe after effects and sony vegas an pro so is film Production the right class to take for me? Thank you :)
Posts: 1
Joined: 07/25/2016, 11:24 am
System Specs: i have element 3d 1 spec

Re: Help a college boy lol

Postby dashzed on 03/2/2017, 12:04 pm

I would say definitely take the film production class, it will expose some new ideas to you and give you the chance to explore that whole world.

The graphic design stuff is great, but I don't really think it is beneficial to take a college course in it unless that is definitely going to be your focus, you can learn almost everything you need to know on sites like this as far as graphic design.

So yeah, I'd say take the film production course!
visit my website: ... /Home.html
Proud owner of: Pro Scores, The Bullet, Twitch, Evolution, Designer Sound FX, Action Movie Essentials, Riot Gear, Film Magic Pro
Posts: 363
Joined: 08/10/2008, 2:01 pm
Location: Charlottesville, VA

Return to Film Making & Visual Effects