can someone help me with the material

Discuss techniques and films related to VFX

can someone help me with the material

Postby goku223344 on 10/19/2015, 3:05 pm

ironman.jpg
ok i tried to do an ironman shot, but im trying to make it look like the picture on the right. what am i missing?
goku223344

Re: can someone help me with the material

Postby plae57 on 10/19/2015, 5:08 pm

It's all about the lighting.... But, for the textures. It looks like if you play with the basic settings a little to tweak. Maybe a little more reflective. But I don't think that is why you can not match the image.

Are you using a custom environmental map or did you select something from the default list? The background image has the sun behind him, yet the lighting and environment seem to have them in the front right so they don't match. Also, I am assuming it is because it is in a "T" pose, but the arms look really weird.
plae57

Postby goku223344 on 10/19/2015, 6:28 pm

plae57 wrote:It's all about the lighting.... But, for the textures. It looks like if you play with the basic settings a little to tweak. Maybe a little more reflective. But I don't think that is why you can not match the image.

Are you using a custom environmental map or did you select something from the default list? The background image has the sun behind him, yet the lighting and environment seem to have them in the front right so they don't match. Also, I am assuming it is because it is in a "T" pose, but the arms look really weird.

i'm using the environments from back light. Maybe if i rotate it more it'll look a little better. The biggest issue is trying to match that material. It looks more plastic, but I'm not sure if that's a cg suit or if it's real.
goku223344

Postby star+circle on 10/19/2015, 11:24 pm

I'd try an HDR environment, which you should have access to if you have Backlight.
star+circle

Return to Film Making & Visual Effects