shooting plans for a short movie

Discuss techniques and films related to VFX

shooting plans for a short movie

Postby jonnytracker on 02/5/2015, 1:18 pm

im planing on a short movie with some stunts guy in greem screen flying through a brick wall shattered by Rayfire .. but the hard part is .. how do i render out the 3d fragments so that the .. particles bits are in foreground and background if the subject .. im thinking cut off seperate renders of forground and background layers .. is there a better easier way to do this
jonnytracker

Re: shooting plans for a short movie

Postby plae57 on 02/6/2015, 6:11 am

jonnytracker wrote:im planing on a short movie with some stunts guy in greem screen flying through a brick wall shattered by Rayfire .. but the hard part is .. how do i render out the 3d fragments so that the .. particles bits are in foreground and background if the subject .. im thinking cut off seperate renders of forground and background layers .. is there a better easier way to do this

welcome to the world of roto scoping... I don't know exactly what layers you have, but I would use some thing like back plate is the guy, above that the bits where you mask the bits that appear behind the character. You do this as needed for appropriate frames of the shot where this is needed.
plae57

Postby Michael_Szalapski on 02/6/2015, 12:37 pm

You could put a plane with the texture of your guy (with alpha) on it and use that in your 3d render. (This means you have to key out the green first in your compositor).
Or you could render a depth pass and use that to create the background and foreground bricks in your compositing software (AE, Nuke, Flame, etc.)
Michael_Szalapski

Twitter: thegreatszalam

Postby jonnytracker on 02/6/2015, 10:15 pm

for the composition i will be using after effect
jonnytracker

Postby jonnytracker on 02/16/2015, 4:59 am

thanks to andrew,, its z depth pass :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jonnytracker

Return to Film Making & Visual Effects