Easy Anchor Point Center

A place for beginners to start

Easy Anchor Point Center

Postby parmajean on 04/13/2009, 1:25 pm

So I have 3D solid layer that I masked out to create a textured ring, and i plan on giving it Z rotation throughout my animation...

When I rotate it...it looks like a lop sided wheel because the anchor point isn't in the center. I eventually got it to center by just playing with it...but I thought there might be an easier way to get it to true center...or maybe there's an easy way to create the ring so that it's already centered with the anchor point...

Any suggestions??

Thanks!
parmajean

Re: Easy Anchor Point Center

Postby bwoogie on 04/13/2009, 6:10 pm

Before you make it 3D press ' (single quote/apostrophe) to bring up the title safe lines and it also gives you a cross hair in the middle. You can line up your anchor point with that.
The reset button was my idea.
bwoogie
VC Moderator
VC Moderator

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/bwoogie

Postby bwoogie on 04/13/2009, 6:13 pm

Or even better. Alt click the stop watch on your anchor point position and use some expressions to find the middle
Code: Select all
temp = transform.anchorPoint[0];
[width/2,height/2]
The reset button was my idea.
bwoogie
VC Moderator
VC Moderator

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/bwoogie

Postby parmajean on 04/14/2009, 7:31 am

darn...i think i made this harder than it needed to be. Thanks for your advice!

Just make your new solid a square (540x540) a when you double click on the circular mask tool...it makes a perfect circle already centered. sweet!

There's still soo many little things that i haven't figured out yet that would probably make my work day go by faster. :roll:
parmajean

Return to After Effects Fundamentals (Beginners)