A question about animation in AE.

A place for beginners to start

A question about animation in AE.

Postby sil_musashi on 03/13/2009, 2:21 pm

I have a Square and want to animate the line appears like someone is drawing by Write-on effect. However, I cannot control the brush position when I make a ziczac turn. It's supposed to turn 90 degree but it makes a half circle then come back and continue travel to the bottom.

Do you know how to fix it although I am animated at linear keyframe.

Sil.
sil_musashi

Re: A question about animation in AE.

Postby muckyman on 03/14/2009, 5:00 am

draw a mask around your square with the pen tool then use effect / generate / stroke,set the stroke to reveal original and animate the start and/or end points.
After Effects hates my ram :(
Mylenium said "in this case the problem most likely sits 50cm in front of the computer"
muckyman

Postby sil_musashi on 03/15/2009, 3:47 pm

But do you have any information to fix that problems? Because when I animate layers, it happens too :(
sil_musashi

Postby Topher on 03/15/2009, 9:04 pm

I think you are expierencing the "Boomerang Effect" zoom in on your path that you are writing on and look at your point, it probably has some wierd handles that are making it go wierd ways... probably that "half moon shape you are talking about. drag the handles in until the path looks the way you want it to.
IIII Topher Welsh - Video Editor | Compositor | Visual Effects | Motion Graphics
IIII http://www.visualFXtuts.com - NEW Visual FX Tutorial Listing Blog
IIII Toe-Fur.com - Personal Blog
IIII If you need some 1-on-1 help PM me.
Topher

Twitter: toe_fur

Postby sil_musashi on 03/15/2009, 9:34 pm

Thanks Topher. But, I don't see either handles or the paths when I use write-on effect. I have already switched to muckyman method because I can change the mask paths.

However, the boomerang effect happens everywhere, everytime I keyframe my animation. Like, I key the ball moves down then moves up. But the result, it moves down, then up and then down slightly again before it moves up to the final position >"< The Graph Editor in AE is totally different compare to Autodesk Maya so I'm mostly dead when I have to deal with animation in AE :(
sil_musashi

Return to After Effects Fundamentals (Beginners)