Anchor point not centered in multiple cases

A place for beginners to start

Anchor point not centered in multiple cases

Postby Bondra on 03/26/2015, 1:46 pm

Hi!

I'm having trouble with non-centered anchor points when I import my PSD file. The file contains a mix of smart objects shape- and text layers.

In the following occasions I run into trouble with mispositioned anchor points:
1) Shape layers have its anchoir point relative to the document size. Not the actual size of the element? Does any "Reset all anchor points" exists and thus center every anchor point?
2) When converting all text layers imported from Photoshop to "editable text" each element seem to get its anchor point positioned in a random way.

Pixel graphics like images all seem to have their anchoir points correct i.e. centered. For the rest it seem like their anchor points are positioned relatively to the document size?

Does anyone know what's going on and how to fix this behaviour?
Attachments
pivot.jpg
Bondra

Re: Anchor point not centered in multiple cases

Postby gregalan on 03/27/2015, 3:55 pm

Hi Bondra, welcome.
Bondra wrote:Does any "Reset all anchor points" exists and thus center every anchor point?

Not that I am aware of in After Effects - I presume you know that the Pan Behind Tool moves your anchor point?
With the text it looks like it might be the way the text was aligned when created. ie: Erbjudanden is centered while 50% was left justified?
Someone else may have more/better ideas?
gregalan

Postby Bondra on 03/27/2015, 4:21 pm

Thanks for your respond.

Yepp I'm able to move it manually. But something wierd is happening. It scales from the center of the document and not center of the element. Is there any option I'm missing that should be set in another way?
Bondra

Postby gregalan on 03/30/2015, 4:00 pm

That is weird, and you are right it should be scaling from the anchor point. Could it have anything to do with them being smart objects in Photoshop? Not that it necessarily helps you much but someone reading this may have more knowledge of how things convert/translate when taken from one program to the other.
gregalan

Postby krisq on 03/31/2015, 1:06 am

So what happens when you import .PSD file with 'retain layer sizes'?
krisq

Postby Timber_Wolf_2 on 07/7/2015, 7:42 am

My guess is that the text in Photoshop has different justification. One is probably Centered, and the other Left Justified. Try adjusting in PS, and reloading the PSD in AE.
--
Timber_Wolf_2

Carpe diem pro nomine Christi
Timber_Wolf_2

Return to After Effects Fundamentals (Beginners)