computer properties

A place for beginners to start

computer properties

Postby nicedad on 03/10/2015, 5:26 am

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie in after effects world. unfortunately, due to weakness of my computer, I could not follow up a lot of tutorials available on the web even thought my computer's got 8 GB Ram, 2.2 GHz Intel Pentium CPU. It usually shuts down by rendering as well as by ram preview.
Could someone advice what kind of computer I've go to have?

cheers,
nicedad

Re: computer properties

Postby Michael_Szalapski on 03/10/2015, 12:07 pm

What version of AE are you running (down to the last decimal)?
What do you mean when you says it shuts down?
If your computer meets the minimum system requirements for your version of AE, it should work. It might be slow, but it should still work.
I mean, 8GB of RAM is on the low end for AE and your processor is pretty weak too, but there are versions which should still work on it.

So, there may be other issues happening.

Anyway, here's info on hardware for AE.
Michael_Szalapski

Twitter: thegreatszalam

Postby krisq on 03/11/2015, 3:05 am

If AFX force closes, I don't think it' a hardware issue to be honest. Are you using any 3rd party plugins?
krisq

Postby nicedad on 03/11/2015, 12:25 pm

Michael_Szalapski wrote:What version of AE are you running (down to the last decimal)?
What do you mean when you says it shuts down?
If your computer meets the minimum system requirements for your version of AE, it should work. It might be slow, but it should still work.
I mean, 8GB of RAM is on the low end for AE and your processor is pretty weak too, but there are versions which should still work on it.

So, there may be other issues happening.

Anyway, here's info on hardware for AE.

Hi Michael;
I mean that by rendering any project that include 3D layer the computer turns off by himself even though the projects usually are small.
I use AE CC 2014.
Nonetheless, thanks a lot for the links you gave.
nicedad

Postby nicedad on 03/11/2015, 12:28 pm

krisq wrote:If AFX force closes, I don't think it' a hardware issue to be honest. Are you using any 3rd party plugins?

Hello Krisq
what do you think when the problem is not a hardware issue? I use many 3rd party plugins unfortunately it does so without using these plugins in any project.

cheers,
nicedad

Return to After Effects Fundamentals (Beginners)