The forums need some moderation asap

Help with Video Copilot website and discussion

The forums need some moderation asap

Postby lolboll on 11/14/2011, 6:06 am

I've been on VCP for a long time, and the forums (in particular the inspirational forum) feels way worse and less serious than they did before.

Lots of spam which just sits there for a very long time, a LOT of non-inspirational amateur stuff that gets posted there and the only thing that happens is that someone posts: "oh lol, that was not very kewl" or "don post that here".

Moderation please. Of course, you might have a lot of work on your hands etc, but the forums is the home for me on web of animation and graphics, so please fix it.
lolboll

Re: The forums need some moderation asap

Postby Dustin Hudson on 11/14/2011, 3:27 pm

Yeah, in last month or two, we been getting hit with spam like crazy. We're trying to do our best to get rid of it daily. I know on the weekends it gets bad because less mods are on. As for people who are posting things in the wrong forum, or post their own stuff in the inspirational forum, feel free to report it so we can move it to "reels" or issue a warning. Reporting the spam helps us to, so until we find a better way to get rid of it, you can help us out by doing that. I do apologize for all the lingering spam though.
Dustin Hudson
VC Administrator
VC Administrator

Twitter: Dustinhud

Re: The forums need some moderation asap

Postby lolboll on 11/16/2011, 8:04 am

Thanks for the answer!
lolboll

Return to VC Website Support