-3D- Hogwarts Castle

Post unfinished videos and tests

Re: -3D- Hogwarts Castle

Postby colt on 06/8/2010, 7:09 pm

:O i like the pitch it looks awesome. i also like the cell on the tower. cant wait to see more :D
colt

Postby neo1471 on 06/11/2010, 2:36 pm

Its great to see an image from the bk library area, was wondering how different yours would come out to mine as the only thing i could realy baise mine on where the wooden moddel youtube vids realy, hehe as such its deffintly 1 of the place's mine differs

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c227/ ... _1m57s.jpg

above is the latest render of mine of a random section thru a window, still loads to do, gonna use something like crazy bumps for lazy bump mapping, got some sections still to make look broken and the transfigoration courtyard looks too plain in mine at the minute so im going to use some artistic licence to see how that comes out

though to be honest where as yours looks great from nearly every angle mine only looks great looking at the 1 above building iv linked to lol
neo1471

Postby colt on 06/11/2010, 8:10 pm

@neo that looks great im sure it look fine from all angles :P keep up the good work!
colt

Postby neo1471 on 06/16/2010, 2:08 am

Now heres something useful

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34905537@N00/

scroll down in there, shame the images are so small but thats some useful images!

neo1471

Postby neo1471 on 06/17/2010, 2:17 am

Update on how far iv got
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c227/ ... _2m32s.jpg
entire mesh is below 50k polygons still ^_^
neo1471

Postby Rafs LaPierre on 06/18/2010, 1:59 pm

I'm really happy that my comments may have helped you.
Thinking about it, I'll make some considerations.
All in order to help you with your work.
Because you have talent to spare.
A few months ago I was wanting to make a map of Hogwarts (I'm not so smart to work with 3D modeling).
I took several pictures of drawings and films.
When I gather all the ideas to begin, I came to the conclusion that I had to make a choice: Either make the map of one of the films (for the castle of "The Sorcerer's Stone" and "The Chamber of Secrets" is different the castle of her subsequent films). or make a statement true. You'll understand what I mean by that after reading all this text.
Variations of how the castle changes greatly.
The map that you used to make the 3D model (the one that appears in one of the images being ground, each containing contours blue red and yellow made by you) is the most faithful. But still has some flaws (I believe it is because this map the castle is the 3rd movie on. And from the 3rd movie they showed the eastern part of the castle (where the greenhouses are located and the "backyard" of Hogwarts, where the first film students learned to fly on a broomstick.
(Nor is it a coincidence that the willow fighter in the 3rd movie was changed to the funds of the west of the property.)
(I'll use the numbers that map to help you identify where I'm talking about ok?)
Let's get right to it:
In the 2nd movie has a glass dome in the middle of the side wall of studying.
This dome is positioned right in front of the part that has two towers on top.
In this map you used to base, this dome is not present.
I think it'd be cool you put this dome. Because it is there. Is present.
The only things I think are the legal change that have been replaced in other films. (Being better and thus more beautiful, the castle of the last films) Things just did not show the films that followed, but were present in others but these are no longer recommended. The dome is an example.
If you are not remembering this dome which I refer, select the scene 10 seconds of film. Early in the scene, the camera scans the road side of the greenhouses and well near that dome. To see the details. (It can be noticed several theother details outside the dome, as the curious stone dragon on top of greenhouses).
Another thing that is wrong is that area where Harry and his friends learn to fly on a broomstick. Besides the first and second film be made clear that this area is completely closed (starting on the side of circular tower that he had said in previous post (where it is said that little tower where Dumbledore was killed (this is the tower on the map number 18)) and ending on the side of the greenhouses, it makes sense that a wall is open and incomplete. No film was shown to be so. When this part, appeared complete, closed, period. Never came open. I will be posting a link to maps you can use to understand what I mean. (You can also mix designs, keeping the wall map that you already have, even where it is drawn and what is missing, another copy of this map I'm going through).
3) Remember who said that only the things that replaced should be changed? Well. Pay attention to the tower, in the statement that you are using is labeled with the number 20. His whole castle is the perfect way to follow the castle from the latest films. Everything is perfect. But this tower is just wrong. It is the tower of the first and second film. Does not match does not make sense. This tower replaced by a better and more combining with the other two twin towers. Look again at the picture I sent you before, the official model and compare it with the tower made. I would be as nice if the tower was the youngest.
And finally the 4th thing I want to tell you is actually an observation. I was glad that you've noticed the tower closer to correct this "open area" of the castle (on the map, the number 21) is really that you created. There are many drawings of maps on the Internet that the artist shows the castle properly, following the latest movies, but this tower is almost always wrong. This tower is correct. I say this because you may see other maps that this tower is different and be unsure what to leave. This version is the correct ok?
I hope that after all these comments you have understood what I meant at the beginning of the text with "a true castle." For more perfect to be the last castle, there are things you can not leave blank.
Oh, I can only say one more coisa.Imagino I already annoying you, D
But I think it would be much more beautiful the Quidditch field without these cloths. Everybody knows when he has departed, but in my personal opinion would be so much more beautiful and timeless him unprepared for the games.
If you need help the most beautiful model related to Harry Potter in 3D Warehouse is one of the Quidditch field dismantled, with only the woods. It's simply PERFECT and combine more with its creation (it is worthwhile to take a look). I very much agree with me that .*-*
Also remember that the ditch is between the field and the bleachers, also shown in the 2nd movie.
Good luck and Congratulations. Looking, I'm here;)

Greenhouse
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/harry ... uses_1.jpg

map of the area outside closed (I have other more realistic in my desktop, but not put on the internet, so if you want I can send you by e-mail)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3300/360 ... 2e2ca2.jpg

Model Of Quidditch Pitch on 3D Warehouse
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ ... revstart=0
Rafs LaPierre

Postby neo1471 on 06/28/2010, 11:54 am

i made a little vid of my sketchup version of hogwarts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vARkbdoO5J0

thanks for inspiring me :)

-vid still in progress, to be honest the vid is a half *ssed render, but it is renderd with bump mapping and some reflections on some items, render engin SUpodium, renderd 1 image at a time and compiled in a vid creation program, render stopped before its end as that took ~10 hours
neo1471

Postby hjber on 06/28/2010, 12:42 pm

Nice animation. You've done nice work. But it's a little dark and hard to see what is there. And the long rendertime.... i don't know what sort of pc you have but i've got an i7 and could help you with render when you like.
hjber

Postby Rafs LaPierre on 07/8/2010, 9:50 pm

Hi
Sometimes I come back here to look if you have a new post.
And today, surfing the Internet I found a picture that caught my interest for very great detail (to also contain a part of the "open area" behind the castle I mentioned in previous post). And I came to show you
I hope that a help
(Incidentally, you saw that image of Hogwarts on fire?
It is a disastrous image while beautiful in a certain way)
Below, detailed image link

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos ... 65-784.jpg
Rafs LaPierre

Postby dnick093 on 07/12/2010, 1:40 pm

Hey would you be making this available to buy or download when you are done? Is it possible for you to just make the clay version (no textures) available for download?

Highly appreciate it. It is just awesome.
dnick093

Postby dnick093 on 07/12/2010, 2:07 pm

Here is a picture of the Deathly Hallows Hogwarts burnt in 1900 x 1200.
Its pretty big, so click on the link to open in a new screen.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5030009/dh_poster_high_res.jpg
dnick093

Postby dnick093 on 07/12/2010, 2:09 pm

Hey can you make a clay version (no textures) of the Hogwarts available for download? Just for eeducation, no copying or piracy intended.
Would highly appreciate it.
:)
dnick093

Postby mekaron7 on 07/16/2010, 12:05 pm

I agree!
i'd love to practice texturing the model, perhaps the people on the forum can help you finishing the project,
there are really amazing artists here (not me xD)
I'd LOVE to try some things with the model =D

thanks ;)

Mekaron7
mekaron7

Postby dnick093 on 07/18/2010, 1:32 am

Maybe you'd like this:

A MINIATURE SCULPTURE OF HOGWARTS CASTLE, extremely detailed and accurate.
Too bad its expensive.
Check it out:
http://www.noblecollection.com/catalog/product.cfm?id=NN7074&catid=21
dnick093

Postby Rafs LaPierre on 07/18/2010, 3:24 pm

dnick093
This miniature replica and that comes with the blu rays are the same. It turns out that
comes with the movies was refashioned for the wooden base was already the case
films.
Rafs LaPierre

Postby Rafs LaPierre on 07/20/2010, 7:54 pm

I apologize because it makes some mistakes in my post (which has a huge text).
Remember I said it was nice to change things that were changed as the movies were casting?
So. Really changed the "free area" of Hogwarts, where students learn to fly on a broomstick. I did not watch it, but several fans maps show that the wall is interrupted by a hill (where the replica is also Owlery).
Speaking now of the reply, I want you to forgive me too. The towers where I thought that Dumbledore was killed, are actually towers Owlery. I'm posting a larger picture for you to observe. In summary, you can calmly take pictures of the replica of Hogwarts and use as a template to make in 3D. It's alright. The wall really is interrupted by the hill (just do not know how. For some maps, this area appears to be greater than that of the reply).
Another thing I'm not sure this is the location of Owlery replica. They may be placed only for Owlery not stay out too, as they did with Hagrid's house (which is very close to the Great Hall).
A tip worth, is that on the 4th and if I remember in the 5th movie, show Owlery (not necessarily the scene where Harry asks Cho Chang to the Yule Ball.) For these scenes, I think you can know the actual location of Owlery (for the replica, which appears on top of that hill, but the map you are using basic, the Owlery appears well. A particular view: Looking at the images I I have here, everything leads me to conclude that the location of Owlery the model is not correct. Many images that I have here, the view of Hogwarts from the front showing the "bridge overpass," shows the Owlery clearly visible in the background, between the left and right parts of the castle, connected by three bridges.
You may notice that all I'm saying, is correct in the map that you used. He is the most faithful and is 100% sure. Ownly until it is right. Just did not see the dome designed. Apart from that, he is very faithful. It's the best.
I hope I've clarified things I missed.
Excuse me.
Good luck.
Rafs LaPierre

Postby Rafs LaPierre on 07/20/2010, 7:56 pm

sorry,i forgot that paste the link of the image of replica in the post up
http://www.aleksandercunha.com.br/dvd/h ... t_-_HD.jpg
Rafs LaPierre

Postby dnick093 on 07/28/2010, 1:11 am

Here is a Hogwarts Blueprint published by WB in the Sorcerer's Stone Ultimate Edition Booklet. Hope it helps
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5030009/ps_ultimateedition_booklet_042.jpg
Click on the link to get the HD pic
dnick093

Postby facstudios on 07/29/2010, 12:47 pm

Brilliant!
facstudios

Twitter: facstudios

Postby tKick on 08/15/2010, 8:04 am

Why don't you just give up that boring day-job and become a full-time modeller ???

Go have some fun, I say !

Nice work, wondering how far you're going to take things ...
-
www.ITSall3D.com - www.stormYSunday.com
-
tKick

Postby neverending on 08/18/2010, 8:21 am

dnick093 wrote:Here is a Hogwarts Blueprint published by WB in the Sorcerer's Stone Ultimate Edition Booklet. Hope it helps
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5030009/ps_ultimateedition_booklet_042.jpg
Click on the link to get the HD pic

Wow!
I would like to know if you have more images of the map. I suppose that this is the official map.
It is impressive and very useful!
neverending

Postby johncoram on 08/19/2010, 5:15 pm

Heyyy - I've been a massive fan of this forum for an age - loving the 3d modelling.
I am a mapper of Hogwarts myself, and I was really excited when seeing the above blueprints - anyone know any sites anywhere where there are more, or better quality versions??

I'd split my soul to get my hands on them ...

But otherwise, great work! One day, I will build hogwarts. One of the best sites I use is simply http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Hogwarts_castle

It's got SO MUCH INFO about the castle . It's obviously really frustrating the way it constantly changes, waht with the new astronomy tower and also, since DH is coming out they've increased the size of the entrance courtyard, the viaduct and also ahve added a new tower (Ravenclaw :D) beside the Turris Magnus :)

Will all these features be added to the 3d design??
johncoram

Postby Rafs LaPierre on 08/20/2010, 5:50 am

I believe I have finally found the Astronomy Tower (unintentionally, by the way). I'll try to explain how I found for easy reference.
I won the replica of Hogwarts made by Noble Collection. And not for the following reason she is less pretty. But one of the things I liked to do was to see pictures of Hogwarts on the Internet, photos of the details, then go look it had in its replica *-*. And by all appearances ... only one detail missing.
Accompanying explanation, looking at the picture of Hogwarts on fire
From what I noticed, the second tallest tower of Hogwarts, was added to the Astronomy Tower (which are actually two).
In the far right side, we have those twin towers right? Ok, coming a little to the left and see two smaller towers, one of which belongs to the back of the property and then, a number of high towers. We can see that two of the three tall towers, were engaged in one another. There are not three that have structure. Only one of them. The others are "stuck" in this larger.
These two coupled towers are the Astronomy Tower.
Until the 5th movie had a single tower in that place. These two new towers were made only for the sixth film. Do not know if it will also appear in the 7th, but at least it's on the poster.
Below is a photo of the astronomy tower (looked of back the castle).
I think no need to put photos here that have already been posted. For a good understanding of what I said, please you look at the picture where Hogwarts is being burned and the pictures of the replica of the castle.
I hope you understood everything.

Rafs LaPierre

Postby johncoram on 08/21/2010, 2:38 am

For the above on the Astronomy Tower - the Astronomy Tower is added where the Dark Tower stood before.
It is essentially the same tower that has a curved base which stands opposite Gryffindow Tower, except that its base now sits at the bottom of the courtyard; it has been reversed and placed in this new location.

The three tall church spire like towers still remain above the Long Gallery; the Astronomy Tower is a separate building all together, as I say now above the Middle Cloister and housing the Defense Against the Dark Arts Classroom and the tall spiral stair that leads to it, and the Astronomy Room obviously right at the top.

It might be worth pointing out that come HBP the back building that housed the library is now gone, being replaced by the North Tower, which is essentially another bell tower like the twin ones, just in the corner of the Middle Cloister. You can see its base (where previously stood the back building) when Dumbledore falls .

Hope that helps!

ps - re: my last post, I might have posted it twice, so if there's another post saying something similar - sorry! I thouhgt it didn't work the first time as I am new to this posting malark :P

:)
johncoram

Postby mystic7 on 08/21/2010, 9:56 am

What a bummer! I just found this thread and was reading it page by page, expecting a big payoff on page 7, but I see you're still in the process of completing this massive undertaking. Can't wait to see the finished product.
mystic7

PreviousNext

Return to Work in Progress