fooling with the models

Post unfinished videos and tests

fooling with the models

Postby plae57 on 08/21/2016, 4:28 pm

I am playing with the roof pack in Fusion. It's a bit more work than e3d, but I like the added control and the ability to work in a unified 3d world.

Capture.JPG

Film at 11:00....
plae57

Re: fooling with the models

Postby Farmfield on 08/22/2016, 12:45 am

To quote Nietzsche, -"And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." ;)

The dark render aside, yes, Fusion is pretty amazing.

*** Demos, RnD & tests: www.vimeo.com/farmfield ***
Farmfield

Postby plae57 on 08/22/2016, 5:06 am

The entire scene has a single spotlight in it, and that was kind of what I was playing with. The script is pretty basic, but demonstrates some of the things I prefer in fusion (though I am sure Nuke and other node based compositors have the same features)

script.JPG

While it is (a lot) easier to set up e3d, I really do enjoy the unified 3d world, the ability to create/modify shaders, node re-use, the ability to mix and match the openGL and software renderers, and their damn viewer is so freaking fast! This example was a study in the spot light and mixing Fusions particles (the smoke) with the 3d models. But then I do a lot of different test shot just to experiment and play with the software.

And now, the short film, "The Roof"
plae57

Postby Farmfield on 08/22/2016, 6:23 am

plae57 wrote:The entire scene has a single spotlight in it, and that was kind of what I was playing with. The script is pretty basic, but demonstrates some of the things I prefer in fusion (though I am sure Nuke and other node based compositors have the same features)

It would be very helped by adding some SSAO - which is really nice in Fusion. :)

Though the methodology overall is very similar, Nuke and Fusion are very different beasts. Nuke is completely focused on editing, conforming (Nuke Studio) and VFX compositing for feature film and TV production. From how you handle color to the workflows for camera tracing and reprojection setups, the Mari bridge, etc, it's all about solving the everyday problems for film and TV. it's a core compositing app.

Fusion is way more generic in regard to compositing and has a lot of tools for setting up and rendering in app 3D setups and or doing very specialized solutions to problems in post. The Pieter Van Houte (aka. "SecondMan", the guy who run's the We Suck Less Fusion forum) setups Rony shows off in this demo is very telling - though doing water interaction like this in comp is imo pretty nuts, hehe... :? :D

*** Demos, RnD & tests: www.vimeo.com/farmfield ***
Farmfield

Return to Work in Progress