Trailer I made

Post unfinished videos and tests

Trailer I made

Postby joao_vfx on 01/24/2016, 7:58 pm

Trailer I made Based on Metal Gear Solid, I shot it with the Cannon 60D using Cannon 50mm. Thoughts please.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW4RYkt5Iao
joao_vfx

System Specs: HP G1 Z2 xeon, 32g ram, nvidia K4000

Re: Trailer I made

Postby SCahn on 01/26/2016, 1:51 pm

Very cool!

My feedback:

1.) There wasn't much of a story at all. It was just a collection of interesting shots that didn't really support each other in any way. If it's actually a trailer for something I don't know what the problem is or even who the main characters are.

2.) The shots didn't fit the music very well in my opinion. Part of the reason trailer tracks are done in the way that they are is to help accentuate certain aspects of the film. This particular trailer style was one that focused on building in intensity through the track. With that as support, the entire direction of your trailer should be focused on slowly building intensity, which in my honest opinion it didn't do as well as it could have.

3.) As someone who writes trailer music, I didn't think the music itself was particularly excellent and I feel that it was a bit too loud/blown out. There are *tons* of free/cheap options out there for excellent quality tracks so make sure to take advantage of them!

Other than these points, I think it was a fantastic trailer. Very cool stuff - keep it up!
Composer for Hire:
www.skylarcahn.com
SCahn

Twitter: SkylarCahn
System Specs: CPU: i7-2600 3.4 GHz
GPU: 550TI GT
RAM: 16Gb

Return to Work in Progress