Fall of the States (Small teaser)

Post unfinished videos and tests

Fall of the States (Small teaser)

Postby UpNorthStudios on 08/8/2008, 12:19 pm

So im working on a project called Fall of the States and I have published a small teaser on my website. There is nothing fancy, just simple fades from premiere haha.

The film is about to be done in 12 days.

http://www.upnorthstudios.com/test

// Up North Studios
UpNorthStudios

Re: Fall of the States (Small teaser)

Postby Jack on 08/8/2008, 12:48 pm

Ooh that was pretty intense. I like the overall look and quality of it! What camera are you using? And nice job with the blood effects. The one at the end was a little odd haha but the rest of them were great. The guy spitting blood after being beaten was a nice touch. Keep us updated here!
Jack

Postby UpNorthStudios on 08/9/2008, 1:49 am

Im very glad that you liked it:)

We use only a ordinary sony PD-150 nothing fancy. But soon we are going to purchase a HV30 with a 35mm adapter.

Eh the bloody scene at the end, hehe it may be a little odd but we couldn't do it in another way.
UpNorthStudios

Postby JanHoos on 08/9/2008, 3:42 am

Lookin good indeed! The colors are nice, the sound effects are good. Hell! The acting isnt to shabby either!

What weapons do you use? Airsoft or some other stuff?
JanHoos

Postby UpNorthStudios on 08/9/2008, 4:10 am

JanHoos wrote:Lookin good indeed! The colors are nice, the sound effects are good. Hell! The acting isnt to shabby either!

What weapons do you use? Airsoft or some other stuff?

It's really nice that you like it, and I hope you think the same when it's completed ;)

One of the pistols is just an ordinary kids toy with the red on the pipe painted with black. All the other guns are air softs except the wooden rifles which are home built haha.
UpNorthStudios

Postby JanHoos on 08/9/2008, 5:11 am

Nice! Sucks that Airsoft weapons/replica's are illegal here in Holland. I played it once in Belgium! It was cool!

Post a link here when your final movie is done! Had some trouble watching it though. Loading didnt went smooth.
JanHoos

Postby UpNorthStudios on 08/9/2008, 5:50 am

JanHoos wrote:Nice! Sucks that Airsoft weapons/replica's are illegal here in Holland. I played it once in Belgium! It was cool!

Post a link here when your final movie is done! Had some trouble watching it though. Loading didnt went smooth.

I suffer with you, air softs adds to the realism but ordinary kids toys can be good if you tweak them a little.

Well, im trying to fix the loading problems. I don't have any expericence about building websites.
UpNorthStudios

Postby Ben Wotton on 08/9/2008, 10:20 pm

yeah really nice, really professional looking. They are some pretty darn good toys. (in Australia they are low detail, and not just scaled down but different parts scaled differently, making them disproportioned :cry: )

Also was that a Glock handgun? (I didn't think they make toy ones of those as they are law enforcement and government issue)

edit: I just re- read the air soft bit, and they make air soft Glocks so never mind that bit
Ben Wotton - Digital Compositor
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5171540/
Ben Wotton
VC Moderator
VC Moderator

Postby narenn on 08/9/2008, 10:25 pm

Nice stuff man. I'm making something a little similar. Tons of effects though.

It looks like some of those shots could be a little more steadier though.
narenn
VC Moderator
VC Moderator

Twitter: http://twitter.com/narennaidoo

Postby UpNorthStudios on 08/10/2008, 2:22 am

I see that in the english speaking countries there are limitations on fake weapons, well that sucks... Beacuse here in Sweden you can get tons of stuffs with realistic looks legally.

Well we shall think about the unsteady moves, the best would be if I got some more money to buy myself a steady-cam or something like that.
UpNorthStudios

Return to Work in Progress