Element 3D Dynamic simulation Using Newton 3

Post unfinished videos and tests

Element 3D Dynamic simulation Using Newton 3

Postby VIVACreatvie_Mike on 08/22/2019, 7:30 am

I started playing with creating Dynamics in E3D using Newton.

I created dynamic balls dropping in Newton. Then I replicated the balls in E3d and made them a similar size and position. I Created null objects for all 5 layers (balls). Then parented those Layer Nulls to the objects created in the Newton Dynamic animation. The simulation does not contain any Z data, since newton is a 2d plugin. However, I think the animation achieves the goal.

I also tried it with squares/cubes. I actually handed animated some z animation to add a bit more dimension to the simulation

I tried a different method to make a simulation that didn't need to be controlled on individual E3D layers. I created a Newton simulation with several falling blocks. There would be too many to recreate the blocks in E3d, and would need several stacks of the E3D plugin to do. I wanted to use one Custom Mask layer for E3D to create the blocks, like you would use a mask to create a shape by extruding within E3D. However, the masks needed to animate, matching the falling blocks in the newton simulation. Copying data from an object, like position and rotation, to a mask is difficult I could not find an easy way to do (if anyone knows how to do that, please share!) I decided to use Auto-trace. I individually selected each falling block in the simulation and used auto-trace. Auto-trace created a new layer with the mask or masks on it. After every falling block was auto-traced, i combined all the created masks onto one solid layer. Then using that mask layer as my custom mask layer in E3D, I created the simulation in E3D with OK results.

There are some normal errors, and it created some problems, but overall it is a start. One issue I had, was that the E3D animation floated around randomly. It created the layers, it showed the basic simulation, but the floating would not work. E3D, when using custom masks, uses the outer edges of the masks, relative to the comp size, to center the created extruded object. However, since the auto-traced masks where coming in and out, it changed that relative center, which created the float. So, I added a permanent simple mask way out to the left, right, top and bottom. This created a permanent outskirts of the mask area, which in turn, locked the mask extrusions in place.
VIVACreatvie_Mike

System Specs: Build: Element x64 2.2.2 (2160.hotfix)

CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core Processor
RAM: 130953MB

GPU Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
GPU Driver: 25.21.14.1967
GPU RAM: 11264MB
GPU Code: 0

CL0: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (100.0%) (GL Interop)

Return to Work in Progress