Blizzard Cinematic DIY

Post unfinished videos and tests

Blizzard Cinematic DIY

Postby dreamy on 01/26/2018, 10:18 am

Hello,

I love game cinematics from Blizzard..all of them! So I tried to make opening scene for one to find out if I can do longer video for my concept..

The goal was mystical, mysterious mood.. and render seems ok but far from perfect..

Check this out:

dreamy

Re: Blizzard Cinematic DIY

Postby WilmonBlack on 05/1/2018, 9:56 am

Howdy Dreamy, that's a great start for a concept, I think you hit the mood you were aiming for well.

As an establishing shot, or as a shot that is held for a long time before a subject is introduced I think this is great. Some Blizzard cinematics like the Lich King expansion trailer have long shots of an environment that erupt with action or introduce a subject. They do a good job of carrying motion through out the frame and leading the eye so that in-between cuts or introducing new subjects, we are already resting our eyes where the action is going to be happening.

I can't tell if another shot is coming, a space harrier is going to come from underneath the camera, or a giant creature or explosion of energy is going to burst into frame, but I'm loving what I see so far. Inspiring stuff!
WilmonBlack

System Specs: Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5
250G Flash Storage
12G DDR3 RAM
AMD FirePro D500 3GB

Sager Laptop (Custom Build)
Intel® Haswell Core™ i7-4700MQ (2.4GHz - 3.4GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cache)
1TB Non-Flash Storage
24GB DDR3 RAM
AMD® Radeon™ HD 8970M 4.0GB

Re: Blizzard Cinematic DIY

Postby star+circle on 05/2/2018, 2:50 am

Very nice!
star+circle

Return to Work in Progress