NEED HELP!!!

Audio production, MS paint, Call of Duty, etc

NEED HELP!!!

Postby distinct07 on 10/30/2018, 5:41 pm

me Gaurav,aged 29,INDIA, I am not too creative guy_but trying to do every time innovative/logical after looked upon tons of references. I often go alot deep into topic when need to learn_or making anything perfect. my background_ Science(medical) till graduation then did visual effects n animation. currently working as motion designer(after effects) but want to be far better in my career.
Recently, i have seen all greyscalegorilla videos(solving all QnA).

Please my SENIORS n ARTISTS in this field, answer all following queries(I have asked ANDREW KRAMER AND GREYSCALEGORILLA-NICK the same)

1.All prefered learning fundamentals of everything, but in each ae or c4d projects_do u feel we applied there or we should?

2.GreyscaleGorilla n even Kramer are mentor-tutor, solving deep into ae/c4d daily,but for professional_studios(artist), how much it necessary to know deep? I personally always feel THE NEXT OPTION in the menu list can make work easy or innovative, then i often go deep n deep into the option. EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE INFINITY but then previous learnt options of any other plugin/software i forget.

HOW TO REMEMBER AND GRAB ALL THE PLUGINS with THEIR UPDATES? ALL AE/C4d SOFTWARE'S Default effects n OPTIONS? Is there any NOTES REVISION procedure daily?

and HOW TO BE REMAIN CREATIVE AND INNOVATIVE AFTER GETTING TOO TECHNICAL WITH SOFTWARE'S OPTIONS?

3.EXAMPLE-As i am working on a project_learn a single/small technique in ae/c4d to complete the project, but technique will flush away after a week. How to remind all the things.

4.I love stunning videocopilot+other dynamic reels. I also want great hands+skills in motion graphics, Should i join COMMERCIAL/ADVERTISEMENT STUDIO for the same?? _till yet i am making short module courses+map info graphics.

5.I learnt Autodesk Maya at my institute level, Should i learn again rig,model,texture etc. for C4d too or BRING FBX MODEL N START MOTIONGRAPHIC PROJECTs IN C4D?

Please guys/gals_help me and solve these brain tangles. I am feeling pressurizing day by day. >-||
distinct07

System Specs: Intel 3.0ghz 32 thread PC, with 64 gigs of ram and a Quadrro 6000.

Re: NEED HELP!!!

Postby distinct07 on 05/30/2019, 7:15 pm

None of you want to help!!!
distinct07

System Specs: Intel 3.0ghz 32 thread PC, with 64 gigs of ram and a Quadrro 6000.

Postby star+circle on 06/1/2019, 1:51 am

Not that many people visiting here these days, so I wouldn’t expect too many answers.
My thoughts:
1. I’m not sure I understand your question, but if it is whether you need to know the basics of every program you use, the answer is yes.
2. The more you know, the easier it is to find the right solution for a given situation. The deeper, the better.
You don’t need to update all plugins all the time. I use many from 5 years back and they work just fine.
The way not to get bugged into technicalities is to know the programs so well you don’t have to think about technicalities, but can concentrate on the creative side.
3. If you are doing everything based on a tutorial, you will forget it as soon as you’ve done it. If you figure out the solution by yourself, you’re 100 times more likely to remember it next time. Tutorials are great when you’re getting started, but only by understanding the program well enough to come up with the solution yourself will you ever overcome this issue.
4. Find jobs suitable to your skill level to gain experience. Your first jobs are not likely to be for an advertising agency, more likely route is via online freelance hiring agencies. And there’s a lot of competition there as well.
5. It depends on what you WANT to do for living. If you want to do rigging, modeling and texturing, you should do that. If you want to do animation and motion graphics, you should do that. More than likely you will need a level of skill in rigging, modeling and texturing in any case, otherwise you will be stuck with doing everything with ready models.
The real point here is that you are really the only one who can tell you what to do. Knowing and doing “everything” is basically an unreachable standard. It is better to pick something that you really like to do and get really good at it first. Then you have a specific service you can offer, while learning the next thing that you want to do. If you’re getting overwhelmed by the choices, the problem really is that you haven’t made a choice.
star+circle

Postby distinct07 on 06/2/2019, 7:58 am

"Not that many people visiting here these days, " - Where the discussion now a days are going?? Where the others are asking their problems/software queries? Please share any other creative forum if u know.

Q- The deeper, the better." - But any software is never ending story in itself, like ae- if i am behind motion graphics, then how will i come to know composite a c4d renders in after effect with excellence_ or Element3D plugin (and upto what detail i should go).

let me getting into the details for element3d plugin till satisfy, [color=#FF0000]for example, i am leaving behind others plugins- like Trapcode, Mao, etc. :roll: When i begin with trapcode, may be some other plugins i will be missing. ALSO done previously E3D options can be slipped off the mind when working on its project.

Q-It is better to pick something that you really like to do and get really good at it first". "If you’re getting overwhelmed by the choices, the problem really is that you haven’t made a choice." - *I really dig deep at my school level about the whole pipeline and the softwares like MAYA, AFTER EFFECTS, PHOTOSHOP _ storytelling(little bit direction). So i like to do anything in the pipeline_"passion to grab" helps me achieve anything to 70-80% but on the sake of much time and much mind.

Now i m in market from past 3years (moulding as per the needs of the market_sometimes working on editing/ sometimes on still graphics/ sometimes motion graphics). ASKING YOUR SUGGESTIONS WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Q- " Then you have a specific service you can offer, while learning the next thing that you want to do." - How do i come to know that i have reached learning saturation/optimum point of anything AND now i should jump over THE NEXT THING.?

Q- In addition, I want to know_HOW ARTIST WILL COME TO KNOW ITS MARKET VALUE, IF HE WILL BE POSSIBLE TO "make the vision have in the head become reality on the screen." AS YOU SAID ABOVE?

Thanks in advance to reply, and showing patience.
I am discussing all it here, bcoz i know your experiences can guide me or untangle my worries.

WAITING FOR REPLY. THANKS AGAIN.
distinct07

Postby star+circle on 06/2/2019, 1:53 pm

Let me ask you this:

What is it that you really want to do? What are the three things that you've enjoyed most and would like to be able to do so well as to make a living with them.

(The answer isn't "everything".)
star+circle

Return to Other Software & Tools