earth zoom+ orb

Discuss Video Copilot Tutorials & Presets

earth zoom+ orb

Postby morstua on 04/24/2019, 10:43 pm

Hi!
I have no idea how to combine the earth zoom, ending with Vc Orb. I mean i made both tutorials, but how can i join them?
I don' t want to use the same composition...
Any tutorial with at least, just the principles ? Any help?
Thank you
morstua

Re: earth zoom+ orb

Postby star+circle on 04/25/2019, 12:21 am

The main question is how to seamlessly go from one to the other. Using the same texture map is one thing so that there is minimal change in the look and color. You will either have to add shading to the Earth zoom or have the sun close to the camera so as to minimize shadows on Orb when you switch. Most likely stage of hiding the transition is when flying through clouds.
star+circle

Postby morstua on 04/25/2019, 12:32 am

star+circle wrote:The main question is how to seamlessly go from one to the other. Using the same texture map is one thing so that there is minimal change in the look and color. You will either have to add shading to the Earth zoom or have the sun close to the camera so as to minimize shadows on Orb when you switch. Most likely stage of hiding the transition is when flying through clouds.

how do u do the transition technically?
i thought to import the composition with orb inside the project where i have the composition of zoom... but how to transition?
morstua

Postby star+circle on 04/27/2019, 12:24 am

I don't remember if the Earth zoom is using a 3D camera or not. If it is, you'll have to precompose all the Earth zoom layers together with the camera and then bring in Orb with a new camera into the comp. If not camera in Earth zoom, you can just bring in Orb as the top layer and create a camera. I can't think of a scientifically accurate way to make the two match, so you will have to match the size, angle and zoom speed manually between Orb and the Earth zoom map. Basically you want to fade from one to the other but since one has roundness and the other doesn't you will need to hide the transition (with clouds, most likely).
You can attempt getting some roundness to the Earth zoom to match closer to the Orb. That will require precomping it and applying animated (inverse) optics compensation to the precomp.
It will be tricky, but its possible.
Also, it is simpler to render the Earth zoom out and bring it into a new comp altogether, then you don't have all those live layers slowing you down.
star+circle

Postby morstua on 04/30/2019, 11:57 pm

o
Last edited by morstua on 05/1/2019, 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
morstua

Postby morstua on 05/1/2019, 3:17 am

star+circle wrote:I don't remember if the Earth zoom is using a 3D camera or not. If it is, you'll have to precompose all the Earth zoom layers together with the camera and then bring in Orb with a new camera into the comp. If not camera in Earth zoom, you can just bring in Orb as the top layer and create a camera. I can't think of a scientifically accurate way to make the two match, so you will have to match the size, angle and zoom speed manually between Orb and the Earth zoom map. Basically you want to fade from one to the other but since one has roundness and the other doesn't you will need to hide the transition (with clouds, most likely).
You can attempt getting some roundness to the Earth zoom to match closer to the Orb. That will require precomping it and applying animated (inverse) optics compensation to the precomp.
It will be tricky, but its possible.
Also, it is simpler to render the Earth zoom out and bring it into a new comp altogether, then you don't have all those live layers slowing you down.

where can i find some theory about it? Any tutorials?
morstua

Postby morstua on 05/19/2019, 10:12 am

well thank you for hints

I did this

https://youtu.be/B1XtXA7E6qQ

it sucks but this is the best i could do..
morstua

Postby star+circle on 05/20/2019, 5:41 am

Nothing wrong with that, looks seamless to me.
star+circle

Postby morstua on 05/21/2019, 2:24 am

star+circle wrote:Nothing wrong with that, looks seamless to me.

thank you dude
morstua

Postby morstua on 05/26/2019, 1:12 pm

morstua

Return to VC Tutorials & Presets