C4D Animation Not Loading Into Element 3D

3D max, Cinema 4D, Blender or your favorite 3D app

C4D Animation Not Loading Into Element 3D

Postby kerr on 03/18/2019, 4:14 am

Hi there, I have a simple animation in Cinema 4D, where a plane is moving through a bend deformer. The Deformer is static and the only keyframes are the Position, Rotaion, and Scale keyframes of the object as it moves through the static deformer. When I import this into Element 3d (V2.2) and check the 'Load Animation' option, the animation options (Keyframe offset etc) don't appear.

They do appear when I delete all the deformers but obviously this isn't what I want, as it's just the movement of the plane. Again, I don't have any keyframes for the deformers, just the plane's movement.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
kerr

System Specs: Win 10, 32Gb Ram, GTX 1080si

Re: C4D Animation Not Loading Into Element 3D

Postby WilmonBlack on 07/18/2019, 2:54 pm

kerr wrote:Hi there, I have a simple animation in Cinema 4D, where a plane is moving through a bend deformer. The Deformer is static and the only keyframes are the Position, Rotaion, and Scale keyframes of the object as it moves through the static deformer. When I import this into Element 3d (V2.2) and check the 'Load Animation' option, the animation options (Keyframe offset etc) don't appear.

They do appear when I delete all the deformers but obviously this isn't what I want, as it's just the movement of the plane. Again, I don't have any keyframes for the deformers, just the plane's movement.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Unfortunately, I believe that only the transformation properties are something that can carry over to E3Ds animation engine. Any deformation or dynamics don't make the transition to E3Ds engine. One solution is to export your animation out as an OBJ sequence through cinema or another 3d program and import that sequence into AE.
WilmonBlack

System Specs: Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5
250G Flash Storage
12G DDR3 RAM
AMD FirePro D500 3GB

Sager Laptop (Custom Build)
Intel® Haswell Core™ i7-4700MQ (2.4GHz - 3.4GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cache)
1TB Non-Flash Storage
24GB DDR3 RAM
AMD® Radeon™ HD 8970M 4.0GB

Return to 3D Animation