How to export 8 channel MXF OP1a for broadcasting

Premiere, Vegas, Final Cut, QuickTime, DVD authoring etc.

How to export 8 channel MXF OP1a for broadcasting

Postby stayhigh on 04/27/2018, 12:09 am

First I want to start with telling that I have no idea how to work with premiere pro. I have very limited knowledge. I use mainly after effects. So if someone can provide a detailed explanation I would really appreciate it.

I need to export MXF OP1a XDCAMHD 50 PAL 4:2:2 for broadcast. I have a preset (8 channel mono 24bit) but every time I export the file it just has 6 empty channels. First 2 channels have audio, the rest nothing. I tried altering the footage audio channels but still no result. I think I need to adjust the sequence so it has multichannel or mono channel or whatever. Now it has stereo sound (I just take the 8 channel mono footage and right click "New sequence from clip"). I'm not really sure this is the right method or I have to create a new sequence and just match the settings? Shouldn't premiere do it itself? I know it does it for the footage but for the sound part I guess not.

Any help would be amazing. I tried reading some stuff on google but I didn't find anything helpful.
stayhigh

Re: How to export 8 channel MXF OP1a for broadcasting

Postby Sasha dal Ponte on 04/27/2018, 3:01 am

stayhigh wrote:First I want to start with telling that I have no idea how to work with premiere pro. I have very limited knowledge. I use mainly after effects. So if someone can provide a detailed explanation I would really appreciate it.

I need to export MXF OP1a XDCAMHD 50 PAL 4:2:2 for broadcast. I have a preset (8 channel mono 24bit) but every time I export the file it just has 6 empty channels. First 2 channels have audio, the rest nothing. I tried altering the footage audio channels but still no result. I think I need to adjust the sequence so it has multichannel or mono channel or whatever. Now it has stereo sound (I just take the 8 channel mono footage and right click "New sequence from clip"). I'm not really sure this is the right method or I have to create a new sequence and just match the settings? Shouldn't premiere do it itself? I know it does it for the footage but for the sound part I guess not.

Any help would be amazing. I tried reading some stuff on google but I didn't find anything helpful.

Did you try to send the file to your broadcaster? They probably don't need all eight channels filled since your file is stereo only.
Sasha dal Ponte
motion graphics designer

.: MY VIMEO PORTFOLIO :.

sasa.dalponte@gmail.com
Sasha dal Ponte

Twitter: sasadalponte

Postby stayhigh on 04/27/2018, 11:10 am

I have exported it like that with only 2 tracks (the other 6 are empty) and they return with comments that they need all the tracks. When I import their file it has 8 mono tracks. And they aren't the same. There are some duplicates but not all
stayhigh

Postby Sasha dal Ponte on 04/28/2018, 2:00 am

stayhigh wrote:I have exported it like that with only 2 tracks (the other 6 are empty) and they return with comments that they need all the tracks. When I import their file it has 8 mono tracks. And they aren't the same. There are some duplicates but not all

Hmmm... OK, then you could try what you said about taking their clip and creating a new sequence. Then try to lay down your clip in that sequence but again I'm not sure that it would split your two channels into eight.
Sasha dal Ponte
motion graphics designer

.: MY VIMEO PORTFOLIO :.

sasa.dalponte@gmail.com
Sasha dal Ponte

Twitter: sasadalponte

Return to Video Editing, Authoring & Compression