Invisible Ketchup TV ad - How?

Only Post Amazing Reels and Commercials

Re: Invisible Ketchup TV ad - How?

Postby 2dpostp on 08/4/2010, 5:30 am

maybe a wire frame bottle with a clear base to create the impact. could just paint that out then
2dpostp

Postby JBS Productions on 08/6/2010, 11:19 am

I think they must be holding a greenscreen bottle, then a clean plate with no actor nor bottle.
and for the parts with the hand behind the bottle must be 3D CG and tracked to align with the real part of the hand
JBS Productions

Postby TamatoaCoco on 08/25/2010, 5:00 pm

This is not a glycerine trick, these guys are just jedis... ;)
TamatoaCoco

Postby FigMaster on 08/25/2010, 9:12 pm

There is still a TON of refraction in the glycerin. Yes,it's cool how the bottle disappears, but look at the background! It's completely distorted. My guess is a green cylinder. I have NEVER heard of glass being used as a stand in. It's more of a pain than green. It has caustic effects so it casts weird light and the refraction is worse than just having green. They wouldn't do that for any reason I can think of.
FigMaster

Postby Critters on 08/26/2010, 3:16 am

The bottle disappears but not the glass, so unless they shot the whole thing in a big tank of glycerin..... nah.

I'm going with the green bottle, time, effort and skill.
Critters

Postby MaxwellBuchanan on 08/9/2013, 4:53 pm

Nopety nope.

Refraction by any transparent object dense enough to survive the hand impacts will screw the image up so much, you'd never remove the distortions convincingly.

There are two ways to do this:

(1) Use a dummy bottle (or partial bottle) made of rigid wire mesh, greened out. As long as the lighting is from a wide source, you won't get noticeable shadows from the mesh.

Then you remove the green, and you're left with a grid of fine lines to fill in (rather than having to fill in the whole 'hidden' area of the hand). Easy peasey ketchup squeezy.

(2) Film the whole thing under water, and use a bottle made of polyacrylamide (refractive index same as water, and transparent - invisible in water).

There ya go.
MaxwellBuchanan

Postby gregalan on 08/14/2013, 8:04 pm

It's a great job. The only thing I've been able to scout out is that the post production was done by MPC:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_Picture_Company
gregalan

Postby ZeeShao on 09/4/2013, 9:00 am

I think is a green bottle and add some mask around the hand manually, as the invisible shoot is not very long, i think it is practical.
A passionate crazy guy.
ZeeShao

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZdragonMagellan

Previous

Return to Inspirational Stuff