Why VIOLENCE VFX?

Only Post Amazing Reels and Commercials

Why VIOLENCE VFX?

Postby Yedidya on 07/16/2015, 9:57 am

Someone asked me while writing a reply for a post on the forum if there's any NON-violent VFX projects i can show him. A short search on the forum made me understand the fact that the only thing VFX'ers are working on for vfx is destruction (not personally Andrew... ;) ), pain, war and other types of " 'non-good stuff' vfx that will make the viewers go :o ! "

I don't want to attack anybody personally, but i'll be very happy if someone ( one out of 100203 users) on this forum would give me a answer for this question- Why people need and mostly make (only) violent vfx for movies? what about creating vfx for nature and rebuild of the world?
Yedidya Newlander
---
Look outside the window - the sun is shining, birds are singing and there's a beautiful red brick falling all the way down from the tenth floor directly to your head... :mrgreen:
Yedidya

Re: Why VIOLENCE VFX?

Postby plae57 on 07/16/2015, 12:18 pm

The problem is that the VFX in nature and rebuilding the world generally can't be seen. A good example of this is google "Gone girl VFX breakdown" Or google Great Gatsby VFX break down", or "life of Pi".

There are tons of examples of non violent visual effects. You just don't notice them (nor are you supported to notice them).
plae57

Postby Farmfield on 07/16/2015, 2:38 pm

I agree with Plae here but I gotta note, just generally, that this is about the most stupid question I ever heard in this forum. Every background in any TV series you seen in the last 10+ years are "VFX". How violent is the New York or San Fransisco skyline? How violent is the CG water in all the detergent commercials?

Well, at least most of the violence in the latest Mad Max were mostly real, with real stuntmen risking their lifes rather than the filmmakers supporting all this violence we contribute with, making VFX... :roll:
*** Demos, RnD & tests: www.vimeo.com/farmfield ***
Farmfield

Postby klaus brandenburg on 07/17/2015, 10:23 am

Yeah bulls#it thread. As a mtter of fact we need more vioence in VFX like lower thirds chopping peoples heads off :lol:
too many clowns - not enough circuses
klaus brandenburg

Postby Yedidya on 07/18/2015, 12:58 pm

Thinking about it - stupid question. ||-<
but i still wonder why i couldn't find anything like what i asked on this forum... :=~
Is it because the search is not that clever to label each project someone uploads by type (intro, lower thirds, outro, logo, subtitles, color correction, etc.*) or because of the fact that people don't upload stuff from that type (growth, re-build, creation, life, nature, basic elements of existence [fire, land, air, water and soul], etc.*) to the forum? :geek:

*I'm sure you understood me just after reading the first example... :roll:
Yedidya

Postby Yedidya on 07/18/2015, 1:06 pm

know what - just forget about what i said. (I'm new, so don't take it hard on me :mrgreen: )
Yedidya

Postby Faust on 07/22/2015, 6:08 pm

It's not a bad question and it's not a stupid thread. Those advanced enough to understand how VFX are utilized know that blood bursts, gunshots, explosions, etc. are in the minority in comparison to say, set extension and environment cleanup.
But you have to admit that in any field those more obvious or prominent details tend to be perceived as the majority rather than the minority, especially by beginners. When you're a beginner and you see a million videos that say "VFX, Explosion test", you begin to believe that this is what VFX are. This is not the case, but it sure can seem like it. It all depends on what you surround yourself with.
I have dual citizenship with the United States and Florida.

http://chariotdrive.com/
Faust

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Zeke_Faust
System Specs: Intel Core i9-7980X
GIGABYTE X299 DESIGNARE EX
Samsung 960 PRO Series 512GB OS + 2TB cache
128GB DDR4 3000
2 x TitanXp GPU

Postby Farmfield on 07/23/2015, 2:36 pm

Is an explosion really violence? If that is true, videos of people trying to deep fry turkeys for thanksgiving are the most violent thing on the internet. :D

*** Demos, RnD & tests: www.vimeo.com/farmfield ***
Farmfield

Return to Inspirational Stuff