How to install VCP products

Questions about Video Copilot products

How to install VCP products

Postby Aegis Kleais on 12/4/2008, 7:56 pm

I may just be a moron, or maybe cause I'm new to this, but since there is no installer for Twitch, how do I install this to AFX?

There is a Twitch.aex
A Twitch Recompile Directory full of files
And a twitch_ae.key file

I have absolutely no idea how to install this. :oops: Nor can I find a resource on VCP to show me how.
▓▓ WEB DEVELOPER ♦ DIGITAL ARTIST ♦ MOTION GRAPHICS
▓▓ i7 920 2.67GHz ♦ 12GB DDR3-1333 ♦ GTX 285 OC ♦ Win7 Pro x64
▓▓ CS5: PS/AI/FL/PR/AE ♦ CS3: DW/FW ♦ VCP Pro Bundle ♦ Trapcode 3S Pack & Particular
Aegis Kleais

Re: How to install VCP products

Postby Aegis Kleais on 12/4/2008, 8:37 pm

If I install everything in the PRO bundle, will there only be a TWITCH and EVOLUTION folder under the PLUGINS folder? (Evolution/RiotGear/DesignerSFX are moreso resources than Twitch is, am I right in understanding that?)
▓▓ CS5: PS/AI/FL/PR/AE ♦ CS3: DW/FW ♦ VCP Pro Bundle ♦ Trapcode 3S Pack & Particular
Aegis Kleais

Postby charlie18 on 12/4/2008, 9:20 pm

im not sure if twitch is a preset or plug in but i its a .ffx file or plug ins go in the plug in folder

for presets make a new twitch folder
Attachments
Picture 1.png
charlie18

Postby Dan on 12/4/2008, 9:29 pm

Twitch is a preset. You should read the "Installation.htm" file that comes with the product, it will explain everything.

Dan

EDIT: In addition, this question has been asked many many times in the forum. Do a search and you will find many answers.
AKA Triphazard
If you ever need help with anything having to do with Macs, don't ask me... Hi, i'm Dan, and i'm a PC
Dan
VC Moderator
VC Moderator

Postby Aegis Kleais on 12/4/2008, 10:56 pm

That file doesn't show up actually, until you unizip the archive. Once you do, it's there.
Aegis Kleais

Postby Dan on 12/5/2008, 8:20 am

Ok, follow that and if you still have problems let us know and we will try and help as best as we can.

Dan
AKA Triphazard
If you ever need help with anything having to do with Macs, don't ask me... Hi, i'm Dan, and i'm a PC
Dan
VC Moderator
VC Moderator

Postby Aegis Kleais on 12/5/2008, 8:41 am

OK, Twitch seems installed, however, when I use it, it seems to place VCP watermarks on the project.

Does this have to do with the twitch_ae.key file I have? I cannot find instructions on where to place this. I see it's a registry file, but double clicking it to merge with the registry states that it's not a valid registry file and that it needs to be imported from the registry editor (which looks for .reg files and not .key files)
Aegis Kleais

Postby Dan on 12/5/2008, 8:56 am

yes... place this inside the Twitch directory.
AKA Triphazard
Dan
VC Moderator
VC Moderator

Postby NapoleonCreative on 12/11/2008, 10:59 am

Hi, I'm trying to get rid of the watermark, but I can't find the .key file within the stuff I downloaded. In which folder/download will I find it?

Also, I'm trying to look through the downloads for it, incase I overlooked downloading it, but my download session has now expired.

And guys, since the password is case sensitive, it'd help if you printed the password on the postcard in a serif font. I have two letters which could either be capital a "i" or lowercase "l" and it's taken me multiple attempts to work out which was which.

Cheers,

Gavin
Check out our animation showreel http://www.vimeo.com/1991047
NapoleonCreative

Postby Dan on 12/15/2008, 3:05 am

Thanks for the feedback Gavin. I will make sure that the powers that be, are made aware of this suggestion.

Thanks

Dan
AKA Triphazard
Dan
VC Moderator
VC Moderator

Postby NapoleonCreative on 12/16/2008, 3:44 pm

Hi, I'm still trying to get rid of the watermark, and still can't find the .key file within the stuff I downloaded. In which folder/download will I find it?

Also, I'm trying to look through the downloads for it, incase I overlooked downloading it, but my download session has now expired.
Check out our animation showreel http://www.vimeo.com/1991047
NapoleonCreative

Postby Andrew Kramer on 12/16/2008, 6:06 pm

Please send an email to support and we can help retrieve your keyfile. Thanks.
Andrew Kramer
VC Awesome Guy
VC Awesome Guy

Postby pkuroda on 06/22/2010, 5:29 am

I can't believe they can't get me a key file for my purchase of Twitch. I've haven't slept yet for this project that is due this morning and I get the watermark!

I hope i don't have to do all of the effects again.

WHY THE HECK COULDN'T THE KEY FILE BE SENT WITH THE PURCHASE CONFIRMATION?

Update:
Unlike all the other companies where you download software, this company separates the keyfile in a separate download. So if you are not alert or rushing to meet a deadline you'll miss the entirely separate download button for the all important key. And the file is not name "key" by the way. Furthermore if you are downloading multiple rar packages, you must place them all in one folder and just double click (Mac) on the first one and the other will open automatically. Again, I did not see anywhere on this site where it clearly says this. But then, having small white text on black background is the worst combination for legibility. You never see any major advertisement done this way because they know this as a fact and need to communicate quickly and clearly in this maddeningly fast pace culture. -Paul
pkuroda

Postby Andrew Kramer on 07/9/2010, 12:16 pm

Thanks for your feedback, I've added a more prominent notification on the download page so people are sure to download the keyfile.

Best.
Andrew Kramer
VC Awesome Guy
VC Awesome Guy

Return to VC Product Support