Optical Flares not working with AE CS5 all of the sudden

Improve and Enhance Video Copilot Plugins

Optical Flares not working with AE CS5 all of the sudden

Postby rms13 on 05/24/2011, 8:37 am

We have one computer at work that has had Optical Flares installed since January and working fine. As of today we get an error when After Effects launches "After Effects error: creating resource file 3::0" and the plug ins don't show up under the effects anymore. Also, when we navigate to the plug in folder the all of the text is green instead of black. We are running CS5 with latest updates on Windows 7 64 bit and have the latest version of Optical Flares installed. I have attached screenshot of the error and you can see how the optical flares folder is green
Attachments
optical flares error.JPG
rms13

Re: Optical Flares not working with AE CS5 all of the sudden

Postby rms13 on 05/24/2011, 10:05 am

After doing some more research I have found that the green text in the folder name means that it is encrypted. I have tried to remove encryption in the folder options but I get an error. Should this folder normally be encrypted? The only other system I have with Optical Flares is on a Mac so I can't compare the two.
rms13

Postby Dustin Hudson on 05/24/2011, 10:48 am

Interesting problem, this post might be of some help.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=49313&p=195555&hilit=optical+flares+encrypted#p195555

So I'm guessing it might caused by a changed windows password. If you are still having problems, contact our support and we will gladly help you out.

Thanks,
Dustin
Dustin Hudson
VC Administrator
VC Administrator

Twitter: Dustinhud

Postby Dustin Hudson on 05/24/2011, 10:52 am

Oh, also your pro presets folder should be in the lens flare folder within the optical flares folder ;)
Dustin Hudson
VC Administrator
VC Administrator

Postby rms13 on 05/24/2011, 1:01 pm

Thanks for the replies. The computer is on our corporate domain and they require us to change passwords every 60 days so that definitely could be the problem.

Do you know if that folder is supposed to be encrypted? If so it may present problems because we can't change our password back to the old one and we have to keep changing it.
rms13

Postby Dustin Hudson on 05/24/2011, 2:52 pm

Yeah, this is a problem we are currently trying to resolve. Basically, until we resolve this issue, the only solution at the moment is to reinstall the plug-in and generate a new key. You will probably will need to extend your download session, so you could contact support or just email me and make sure to have the the correct information included from the purchase (email and name of purchaser). Unfortunately this is the only way to fix this. Sorry for the inconvenience, as I know this would be a pain to do every 60 days.

Thanks,
Dustin
Dustin Hudson
VC Administrator
VC Administrator

Postby rms13 on 05/25/2011, 7:35 am

OK, thanks.
rms13

Postby ck99nld on 03/22/2012, 11:30 pm

I have installed the Optical Flare Plugin as per procedure, when logged in as administrator. However, when I log in as a normal user I get below error message "After Effects erros: creating resource file..... " (3 :: 3).
Issue with Optical Flares.PNG
Error Message

I have again logged in as administrator and made sure that the plugin directory is "shared" and that all users have got "write" permission.
However, neither of this has resolved the problem.
Is there anyone who can give advice on how to resolve this?
Grateful for any advice you may be able to provide!
Thanks and with kind regards, Christian
ck99nld

Return to VC Plugin Support