How to reduce echo - recerb from an indoor shot.

Audio production, MS paint, Call of Duty, etc

How to reduce echo - recerb from an indoor shot.

Postby jor3l72 on 04/15/2011, 12:42 pm

Hello,
I would like to know if there is a sound pluging that can take out the echo or the reverb of sound that was shot indoor. In a few words I want to make an indor video and sound recording sound like an outdoor one.
I am not interested in finding out how can I shoot so I don't get too much ecjo in the first place. I know that... blunkets on the walls and materials that do not reflect sound.
I am only interested in how can it be fixed through the computer. I am sure it can be done.
I ve seen movies that ar been shot in green screen studios and the sound is perfect althoufh the studio is indoor.

Thanks.
jor3l72

Re: How to reduce echo - recerb from an indoor shot.

Postby Rob Neal on 04/15/2011, 3:07 pm

Sorry, I'm afraid not. The reverberation from one sound tailing away will mix with the beginning of a new one. The only way to do it is either use drapes, carpet and soft furnishings to dampen the sound, or else re-record your dialogue (known as 'looping'), and add ambient sound effects such as distant traffic, birds etc. A great deal of movies are looped in post. I heard it said 90% of 'Godzilla' was looped due to the rain which obliterated the original soundtrack.
"Experience is what you have after you've forgotten their name. - Milton Berle"

http://www.robneal.co.uk
Rob Neal

Postby revilo on 04/15/2011, 8:14 pm

There's a plugin from a company called SPL named 'transient designer' that might help in your situation..... though as posted above there isn't much you can do to remove reverb from a recording.
revilo

Postby cho_drummer on 05/13/2011, 4:17 am

Simple answer is, it can't be done. Not if you want it to sound natural anyway.

I would overdub the audio. Or if you can't then learn to live with it. Sound recorded on a shoot is never going to be perfect which is why movies use overdubbing most of the time.
cho_drummer

Postby wilshire thurman on 06/3/2011, 4:58 am

With the time , effort and final result its better to just over dub as cho-drummer has suggested however :o I have done it before for a sample I used in one of my tracks and it sounded ok :?

Set up an audio gate combined with EQ and a multiband compressor and it might work for you, then again I had an individual sound to play with, i'm guessing yours is everything in a single file in which case that would be near on impossible. :x
wilshire thurman

Return to Other Software & Tools