Pro Scores Composer

Questions about Video Copilot products

Pro Scores Composer

Postby pelotica on 12/27/2008, 12:33 pm

Hi
I was wondering who is the Pro Scores Composer. Who should I credit as the "Music by" when I use them in a movie?
pelotica

Re: Pro Scores Composer

Postby pelotica on 01/10/2009, 2:16 pm

Is it a secret?
pelotica

Postby bwoogie on 01/10/2009, 6:48 pm

Video Copilot.
The reset button was my idea.
bwoogie
VC Moderator
VC Moderator

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/bwoogie

Postby pelotica on 01/17/2009, 9:27 am

Really?
"Music by: Video Copilot"? There is no one composer?
pelotica

Postby sonnyboo on 01/18/2009, 9:52 am

I have this same question. With Acid Loops, you are not ALLOWED to credit in any way the creators of the original loops, so as not to take advantage of the Mick Fleetwood or NIN names who played parts.

There is nothing in the PROSCORES read mes or license agreements about crediting.

Who do you credit when using elements of PROSCORES in a music track? What about music cue sheets for distribution?
sonnyboo

Postby pelotica on 03/17/2009, 4:01 pm

how long has this been unanswered?
pelotica

Postby Deboir on 06/18/2009, 6:18 am

Hello,

I have the same question.

and another ones...

is it allowed to use the music for computergames like fantasy mmorpg, too? and what should i write in the credits?

is it possible to send you own music scores for your company? i am working with a small orchester and we play different styles of fantasy music :)
my dream is to publish this work for everyone and it will be great if i can hear some works in one of your programs =)
Deboir

Postby Torley on 07/8/2009, 9:42 pm

I love seeing loose ends tied up and I've enjoyed Pro Scores a lot.

Video Copilot's Pro Scores' composer is the talented Rob van den Berg — I learned this from Osiris awhile ago.

Here's a video tutorial I made using Pro Scores. (Alas, vimeo tag doesn't appear to be working.)
Torley

Postby Leigh on 07/8/2009, 9:47 pm

Torley wrote:I love seeing loose ends tied up and I've enjoyed Pro Scores a lot.

Video Copilot's Pro Scores' composer is the talented Rob van den Berg — I learned this from Osiris awhile ago.

Here's a video tutorial I made using Pro Scores. (Alas, vimeo tag doesn't appear to be working.)

What are you talking about Vimeo Tags don't work?

it works fine, it seems to be a user error :roll: NOTE to ALL [again] you MUST put the WWW. in your link
AKA Noddy

Help VC help you... http://www.videocopilot.net/products/
Leigh

Postby Torley on 07/8/2009, 9:55 pm

^ Fantastic, fast help! It wasn't clear that "www" needs to be included. Perhaps that should be in the hovertip? Would prevent unneeded redundancy, and I get the sense you appreciate such efficiency.
Torley

Postby im-takt on 07/9/2009, 3:53 am

just saw this info on the composers' webpage, 02/05/2009 - Videocopilot second production

ProScores 2???? :-}=

Off-Topic:
Torley, wow ... how many energy drinks does it take to be like that? :)

no offense ... :)

btw: thanks for the info about the plugin...
im-takt

Postby Staggasaurarts on 12/17/2009, 2:40 pm

Here is a screenshot of that second production post
Attachments
proscores2.png
--
Ashley Staggs
Visionary Creator
http://www.staggasaurarts.com
Staggasaurarts

Postby jaerffrey on 02/7/2012, 1:29 pm

pelotica wrote:Hi
I was wondering who is the Pro Scores Composer. Who should I credit as the "Music by" when I use them in a movie?
pelotica wrote:Is it a secret?
pelotica wrote:Really?
"Music by: Video Copilot"? There is no one composer?
pelotica wrote:how long has this been unanswered?

Dear VCP

Can someone from Video Copilot please clear this information up? I'm seeing posts from 3 years ago go unanswered. You have a list of all the people on your website who contributed to the work: faces, names, websites, etc.. But what about the musical genius behind all of the compositions? We're getting very brief to no information, other than his name 'might' be 'Rob van den Berg'. A name shared by 100's of thousands of other people who didn't write the music. There is NO contact phone number on your website, and your email responses are very brief and lacking essential information. It is very difficult to get straight answers. VCP users have to work together and seek outside sources to put the pieces together in a forum. 'Video Copilot' is NOT an acceptable submission for 'composer' on a cue sheet. I find it strange and belittling that you would answer one of your users with that. On behalf of anyone in the world who needs to fill out a cue sheet with your music (which is incredible), we need the following information in order to get our work done properly and not get hounded by our 'higher ups'. Please tell us 1) the full name of the composer. 2) The Music Publishing Company. and 3) The composer's Performance Rights Organization.

Thank you
jaerffrey

Return to VC Product Support