Auschwitz

3D max, Cinema 4D, Blender or your favorite 3D app

Auschwitz

Postby fereydoon on 08/1/2016, 4:49 am

Hi guys,What do you think about this video that is made in 3dsmax and composite in after effect...I hope you enjoy that stunning work.
https://vimeo.com/176556258
Attachments
Banner.jpg
fereydoon

Re: Auschwitz

Postby Farmfield on 08/1/2016, 2:56 pm

Amazing work. I'm not surprised we ended up there, 70 years ago, people didn't know sh!t about sh!t - but the route many are taking today in support for authoritarian leadership, Hungary, Poland, Turkey - even in The United States - is so surprising and so tragic. It's like we didn't learn anything from history.
*** Demos, RnD & tests: www.vimeo.com/farmfield ***
Farmfield

Postby Faust on 08/6/2016, 4:16 pm

Farmfield wrote:Amazing work. I'm not surprised we ended up there, 70 years ago, people didn't know sh!t about sh!t - but the route many are taking today in support for authoritarian leadership, Hungary, Poland, Turkey - even in The United States - is so surprising and so tragic. It's like we didn't learn anything from history.

The more things change, the more they stay the same eh?

If you want a little optimism, you should check out The Better Angels of Our Nature by Steven Pinker. He argues that we are actually living in the most peaceful time in human history and it's because the average IQ has raised by 3 points per decade since the 1930s, worldwide. When we become more enlightened we inherently become more peaceful as we understand that positivity and cooperation are the answers, not violence and mistrust.

As for this work, I honestly can't find anything to critique. Maybe the rain, which is moving too slowly. But it's really excellent. Have you modeled and textured the entire complex or just the sections shown in the video? Your texturing/set dressing is magnificent. It almost looks photo-scanned. What was your process? I'd love to see some breakdowns.
I have dual citizenship with the United States and Florida.

http://chariotdrive.com/
Faust

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Zeke_Faust
System Specs: Intel 4930k 6-Core 3.4 GHz
GIGABYTE GTX 1080
32GB RAM
2x240GB Samsung SSD
1TB Samsung SSD

Postby Farmfield on 08/7/2016, 12:19 am

Faust wrote:The more things change, the more they stay the same eh?

If you want a little optimism, you should check out The Better Angels of Our Nature by Steven Pinker. He argues that we are actually living in the most peaceful time in human history and it's because the average IQ has raised by 3 points per decade since the 1930s, worldwide. When we become more enlightened we inherently become more peaceful as we understand that positivity and cooperation are the answers, not violence and mistrust.

Funny thing is, I really am a very positive guy(*), even seeing the crap going on now. If you look at the statistics, in most western countries, crime is down by 50% over the last 25 years or so, and though it looks like there's war and misery everywhere, that is in part due to the information flow - there is way less war, but we see a lot more of the wars out there. Poverty, famine, it's all become way better over the last couple of decades.

But I'm also a realist, so I know we're gonna have a hell of a battle against the effects of climate change (this is now, imagine in 10-20 years), we will see more wars, civil war in Turkey, perhaps, most likely some kind of standoff in regard to the South- and East China Sea, etc... So I feel pretty happy to live in Sweden, though. Funny enough the tensions between NATO and Russia in the Baltic Sea makes this about as safe a place there is in the world, hehe... ;)

* I know they will eventually solve fusion, we will 3D print ("real"-) "meat" within a decade or so, we are already getting into lab-grown organs for transplantations, etc...

Faust wrote:I'd love to see some breakdowns.

^ agreed. I would love to see some wireframe renders, comp layering...
*** Demos, RnD & tests: www.vimeo.com/farmfield ***
Farmfield

Return to 3D Animation