Action Essentials 2 - Bridge CS6 Issue

Questions about Video Copilot products

Action Essentials 2 - Bridge CS6 Issue

Postby dustinw on 08/1/2012, 9:07 am

This is sort of odd, and I was hoping someone here could lend me a hand. Basically I'm having an issue trying to preview Action Essentials clips in Bridge CS6. Previous versions of Bridge gave me no problems, so I'm wondering if it's a CS6 issue, or something else. I've attached a screenshot of how they display. Sort of looks like some kind of a transparency issue...

Once the clip is imported in AE or opened in anything else, it displays properly. Anyone else had this issue? Know a solution?

It can make deciding which clip to use pretty difficult...

Thanks in advance!

bridgeissue.jpg
Bridge CS6 Issue with Action Essentials 2
dustinw

Re: Action Essentials 2 - Bridge CS6 Issue

Postby Icemak on 08/2/2012, 3:25 pm

From what I hear / read (this topic is already on these forums), it is best to Uninstall Quicktime, then reinstall it. Something gets messed up when installing Adobe after quicktime... never hurts to redo quicktime again after new releases / updates of Adobe that uses it.
Icemak

Postby dustinw on 08/3/2012, 2:54 pm

Thanks for the response.

I had done some searching before I posted, but didn't seem to run across a thread with a similar issue.

I tied uninstalling/reinstalling Quicktime, didn't seem to make any difference. Do you happen to have any other ideas?

Thanks again!
dustinw

Postby Ozymandias on 02/3/2013, 12:01 pm

Having the same problem here, I think it happened after switching from Bridge 5.5 to 6 - any help would be appreciated.
Ozymandias

Postby Mkramer on 02/15/2013, 3:52 pm

You need to add the MP4 thumbnail files to Bridge and they are for previewing only. Once you find the element you want then import the full resolution Quicktime .mov file into your project.
Mkramer

Return to VC Product Support