Photoshop CS6 - looks pretty awesome and FREE

3d Design and graphics

Photoshop CS6 - looks pretty awesome and FREE

Postby Ldooche on 03/23/2012, 12:44 pm

Just got an email from lynda.com:

Try it, and learn it, for free.

Adobe has just released a free beta version of its highly anticipated Photoshop CS6 software—and for a limited time, lynda.com has free training to help you learn it.

Download the Adobe Photoshop CS6 beta and watch the complete—and completely free—lynda.com course. Photoshop CS6 Beta Preview introduces the software's extensive upgrades, including

• Dark interface
• Layer and text enhancements
• Video editing
• Crop tool
• Adaptive wide-angle filter
• Stroke-aware shape layers

Here's the link with all the info and free training
http://www.lynda.com/Photoshop-tutorials/Photoshop-CS6-Beta-Preview/97406-2.html?utm_medium=email&utm_source=ldcemail&utm_campaign=adobeCS6beta-non-A

LD
Ldooche

Re: Photoshop CS6 - looks pretty awesome and FREE

Postby wrcousert on 03/23/2012, 12:53 pm

It looks like they're trying to reinvent After Effects with the new video editing features. What's the point? Why would I want to edit video in Photoshop when we already have After Effects and Premiere?

Question for Andrew: Do you plan to support PS 6's video features with plugins and/or tutorials?
wrcousert

Postby Ldooche on 03/23/2012, 1:04 pm

I think an advantage of editing video in Photoshop is the ease (if Photoshop is your thing). Personally for me I might find color correction "easier" or "better" in Photoshop rather than using some of the tools in AE or even Premiere.

LD
Ldooche

Postby Nobber on 03/23/2012, 1:05 pm

As the link hasn't been posted yet - http://labs.adobe.com/

As wrcousert said ... Video? WTF? Why? Unless they're planing on ditching Premiere Elements, perhaps?

Oh well, be fun to play with I suppose.
Nobber

Postby Kovu on 04/3/2012, 3:13 am

Amazing, I can't wait 2 use it, it's obvious they focused on time saving tools
To be honest I think they should've put animation into photoshop instead of video editor and
video editor in flash cs6 to me that would make more sense..
Kovu

Postby Tausch_Um on 04/25/2012, 6:23 am

As far as video goes, you have to remember that us video guys are far from the only ones using Photoshop. With video-capable DSLRs these days, you have a lot more "traditional" still photographers dabbling in video, and chances are good that if you're a still photographer, you only have Photoshop and Lightroom on your computer, not the whole suite. Obviously, if video is your full-time gig, you're going to be using Premiere and After Effects, but for the other guys/gals who don't want to purchase hundreds of dollars in video editing software that they'll only use occasionally, it's nice to be able to do both still and video with the software that they already have.

Anyway, super excited for CS6! I'm still running CS4, and I can't wait to start taking advantage of 64-bit and the Mercury engine. Plus, SpeedGrade and 3D camera tracking? It's gonna be epic!
An amatuer practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he can't get it wrong.
Tausch_Um

Return to Photoshop and Illustrator