Need Help with a Project

3d Design and graphics

Need Help with a Project

Postby otictac1 on 01/23/2012, 12:40 pm

Hello everyone,

I am a relative novice to Photoshop and I was wondering if anyone could lead me in the right direction. My mom has a picture of my sister's wedding that she doesn't like the background. She wanted me to remove them from the current background and place them in the outdoors. I pretty successfully removed them with a lot of help from the extract filter, the history brush, the magic wand, and the eraser, but when I tried to composite it in the new photo, it would have looked more real if there was a unicorn in the background. What can I do to help make this look more natural? Any advice would be very helpful.

Here is the original:

And here is my attempt:

otictac1

Re: Need Help with a Project

Postby surfengine on 01/23/2012, 1:36 pm

otictac1 wrote: it would have looked more real if there was a unicorn in the background.

unfortunately I cannot see the pictures, probably becuase im behind a firewall that blocks alot of picture hosting sites. but your comment sure peeked my interest.
surfengine

Postby Wizaerd on 01/23/2012, 1:58 pm

I think part of it is the lighting, they just don't match between the two images. I'd work on color matching and lighting. Also, the scale of the foreground doesn;t really match the scale and placement of the background.
Wizaerd

Postby Michael_Szalapski on 01/23/2012, 3:19 pm

surfengine wrote:
otictac1 wrote: it would have looked more real if there was a unicorn in the background.

unfortunately I cannot see the pictures, probably becuase im behind a firewall that blocks alot of picture hosting sites. but your comment sure piqued my interest.

Fixed it for you. :) I figure the rest of the typos were just due to swift typing.
Michael_Szalapski

Twitter: thegreatszalam

Postby Chris95 on 04/12/2012, 7:43 am

At first here is a technique how to remove the background easily :D [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4qppMmku1I&feature=relmfu[/youtube]
The most important thing is the right lighting do some Levels adjustments with the background or foreground until it fits together and as a second the image also needs the correct scaling otherwise it looks like you would hover :lol:

Much success ;)
Watch my tutorials on http://www.youtube.com/user/RChrisis or on my homepage! ;)

Best regards Christoph
Chris95

Postby mrcoffee on 04/19/2012, 5:54 am

If you cannot get it. (it does take some practice to get it right) Send me the pic and I will do it for ya its only 1 picture wont take long.
mrcoffee

Postby davids2 on 04/19/2012, 8:33 am

You should spend some time learning how to adjust the lighting in photoshop. It is a very important thing to know.
Me.
davids2

Postby Adomian on 04/21/2012, 3:41 pm

The thing I see is that the background is of lower resolution than the foreground. You might want to find a new background or else lower the resolution of the whole thing. Also, notice how the shadows in the background are at most dark green, and the foreground is very black. This tends to happen outside vs inside. The only other thing, though it probably can't be fixed, is that there is harsh lighting on the people because of separate lights and probably a flash. Outside the lighting would be less harsh. The final thing is that you might want to add a warming filter (just slightly) to mimic natural light which tends to be more yellow or orange. I hope this helps!
Adomian

Return to Photoshop and Illustrator