Any other methods than image Trace in illustrator?

3d Design and graphics

Any other methods than image Trace in illustrator?

Postby varxtis on 12/12/2015, 4:15 pm

Im wanting to do various animations of different QRDCodes. Im generating the QRCodes using https://www.unitag.io/qrcode. I want to use the "dots" style and I want each dot to be a separate Vector circle. Ive searched and tried to used image trace in illustrator, but with the resolution, the dots arn't clear enough, end up touching and I just end up with vectors in the shape of blotches. I needed at least one done immediately... so I had to manually overlay a couple hundred circles, but this was NOT efficient. Looks nice, turned out good... but if Im going to be creating various QRCodes for this project, will I seriously have to do this for each one? is there a better method?

Oh, and I did try to enlarge and adjust levels using Phootoshop, but again, just didn't work out.
varxtis

Re: Any other methods than image Trace in illustrator?

Postby JPT7505 on 12/12/2015, 9:59 pm

Well the paid version allows vector download. Other than that, one by one. If it's for a project than you should include it in the cost or see if there is a free trial period.
JPT7505

Postby varxtis on 12/13/2015, 2:58 pm

Its not a paid project. So I definitely can't afford it. Its a pretty big project that Ive taken on for myself, but it's an instructional video series that Im hoping I could use as part of a portfolio and actually start getting work for this stuff.
What Im kind of curious about is if there's maybe a script that identifies the darkest points in an image and allows you to generate a shape (generic or custom) for every spot. Kind of sounds too amazing, but might as well ask. I'd imagine it'd save designers and animators hours of work.
varxtis

Postby JPT7505 on 12/13/2015, 6:20 pm

I had to do something similar for someone a few years back, I would simply try a different site/app to see if one of them gives you a larger inherent image.
JPT7505

Postby varovalexi on 03/15/2017, 10:55 pm

looking to learn how to use illustrator more in depth than the occasional logo
varovalexi

Twitter: varovalexi
System Specs: 4 gb Graphics card, 32 gb rams, 4 tb hard disk , i7 processor

Return to Photoshop and Illustrator