Photoshop expert help needed.

3d Design and graphics

Photoshop expert help needed.

Postby scottkane on 12/11/2015, 12:49 pm

Hi guys and Merry Christmas!

I am making some actions and I am stuck on something which I think only photoshop scientists know.
You see I want to make the reflection trick where you flip the layer vertical and delete its bottom, but I don't know how to align the top of the reflection layer to the bottom position of my main layer.
So the top position of a layer to be aligned in the bottom position of another layer.

Like this:

If I just do the normal bottom align, but it aligns the bottom part of my reflection layer to the bottom of the layer I take its position, and that's not what I need.

If someone knows this and tell me I will be forever grateful, and not only that If you know this then you must be Photoshop scientist and you should be very proud of that!!!

Hope anyone can help. Thanks and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
scottkane

Re: Photoshop expert help needed.

Postby Farmfield on 12/11/2015, 1:50 pm

Not sure if I'm understanding you right but if you duplicate your layer, press CTRL+T, you'll get the resize box, then grab the top part of that, drag it down past it's own bottom, continuing until it's up side down - then you'll just create a layer mask and use a fade on that for the fadeout part of the reflection. :)

And 2016 makes 25 years with Photoshop for me, though not sure I would label myself a Photoshop Scientist... :D
*** Demos, RnD & tests: www.vimeo.com/farmfield ***
Farmfield

Postby Guitarboy2828 on 12/11/2015, 10:53 pm

I think he's wanting to automate it Farmfield? I may be wrong though. If automation is not necessary, then Ctrl+t would work. Or Edit - transform - rotate and then drag it down.

But to do it automatically. Not sure if you can have photoshop align a bottom edge to a top edit? Would be interesting to know.
Guitarboy2828

Postby star+circle on 12/12/2015, 1:01 am

If I just do the normal bottom align, but it aligns the bottom part of my reflection layer to the bottom of the layer I take its position, and that's not what I need.

I might be able to help if I understood what you mean by this sentence. Isn't that exactly what you need: to align the bottom part of your reflection to the bottom of the other layer?
star+circle

Postby scottkane on 12/12/2015, 7:05 am

Thanks guys, the solution was to press Transform and align the anchor point to the bottom of the layer.

Thanks so much all
scottkane

Postby rodneyart on 08/22/2016, 10:47 am

scottkane wrote:Hi guys and Merry Christmas!

I am making some actions and I am stuck on something which I think only photoshop scientists know.
You see I want to make the reflection trick where you flip the layer vertical and delete its bottom, but I don't know how to align the top of the reflection layer to the bottom position of my main layer.
So the top position of a layer to be aligned in the bottom position of another layer.

Like this:

If someone knows this and tell me I will be forever grateful, and not only that If you know this then you must be Photoshop scientist and you should be very proud of that!!!

Hope anyone can help. Thanks and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

I think transform function would help you in that. It is really cool effect. there are two similar functions in Photoshop. Transform will work in your requirement.
rodneyart

System Specs: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU

Return to Photoshop and Illustrator