Gradient "tracker" (calculating gradient)

3d Design and graphics

Gradient "tracker" (calculating gradient)

Postby Magma on 05/21/2015, 4:37 am

Hello, at the moment my company is working on a intro for a production we are doing for a local company.
Their logo is a square with a radial gradient and some patterns created with a clipping mask.

Anyways, my "question" is "is it possible to "calculate" the rest of the gradient?

Added a picture to demonstrate what i want
(i want the small blue square in artboard 2 to become "invisible" when i have the fullscreen gradient in the background

Thank you for reading and im grateful for any suggestions!
Attachments
Skjermbilde 2015-05-21 kl. 13.32.17.png
A picture to explain what i want
Magma

Re: Gradient "tracker" (calculating gradient)

Postby star+circle on 05/27/2015, 1:05 pm

From what I can see, the gradient ends before the edges, so it would be a flat color from there on out, so if you pick the corner blue color, you have it. Unfortunately, the center gradient won't disappear.

(If your example is not the actual square that you're trying to make disappear, it may be a different matter.)
star+circle

Postby JPT7505 on 05/27/2015, 1:49 pm

Previous poster is correct, since they're logo's gradient ends at the extents you would end up with a complete solid color. The only way would be to recreate the logo with an all new gradient however it would of course not be their exact logo anymore.

I love the idea but the continued gradient would just be a solid color.

You may look into animating the size from large to small or zooming in with a camera to achieve a similar 'disappearing effect'

good luck!
JPT7505

Postby Magma on 05/29/2015, 6:42 am

[/quote]
star+circle wrote:From what I can see, the gradient ends before the edges, so it would be a flat color from there on out, so if you pick the corner blue color, you have it. Unfortunately, the center gradient won't disappear.

(If your example is not the actual square that you're trying to make disappear, it may be a different matter.)

Thank you. I ended up creating a gradient and addapted the colours to make them match the logo, worked out pretty well it just took some time do.
Magma

Postby star+circle on 06/3/2015, 6:16 am

Yup. That was a good solution :)
star+circle

Return to Photoshop and Illustrator